Chapter 48 - fix things

Rabecca Reinhart

Adriel hasn't replied to my text for couple of days.., well I texted him once but I haven't send him any text again yet, knowing that he said he needs some time to think about it. But here I am going to the Hamilton's house to send my dad's wedding invitation for his parents. I really hope that he wants to see me, at least we can talk this out.., even though I'm not ready for whatever the decision we'll take.

The car stopped right at the lobby then I got in, I remember it's weekday so his parents probably aren't home. But I know their people so it's no big deal, I can give the invitation to whoever in the house. I got into the house and I went to the living room where it's empty, now I don't know what to do, I used to go straight to Adriel's room but we're not in a good term.

"Becca," I turn around to find Evan who's just walking into the living room,

"Hi Evan," I said smiling, I'm a little bit relieved when I saw him honestly.

"Adriel just left an hour ago with Jamie, they're having a night out with the rest of the team somewhere," he said putting his car key on the kitchen table, he definitely just got back from somewhere.

"I just got back from Amanda," he said like he just read my mind, guess he can read my face.

"Oh.., how is she?" I asked.

"She's great, she decided to take the therapy, she's going to meet her doctor tomorrow to discuss about the plan," he said and I can say that he's very happy, I heard that she didn't want to take the chemo because she was afraid of the side effect. Knowing that she wants to give it a chance, it gives him, and of course us, a hope.

"Great to hear that," I smile.

"How about you?" Evan suddenly teased then I smile.

"I'm great," I smile.

"You and Adriel?" He asked.

"We're together, you must have heard,"

"But," he said like he already sense something.

"But we're not really talking right now," I said then he broke into a smile, like he knew it.

"Want a beer?" He asked then I chuckle, I know Evan, he wants me to sit there with a beer and talk about my side so he can be just a good listener or sometimes he'll give a suggestion.

"Okay," I said then we ended up sitting in the dining room with a beer that his parents bought from the other side of this country.

"What's wrong?" He asked as I sip on a beer.

"How do you know that something is wrong between me and him," I asked.

"Adriel is my identical twin we have this thing in common," he said then I chuckle.

"Well, I can easily read his face, we've spent 9 months in the same womb so I've been doing it since we were a zygote," he said then I laugh.

"His mood is not so good these days," he said.

"He didn't tell you?" I asked then he shake his head.

"He's a little private when it comes to his feelings sometimes, it makes me kinda worried sometimes, because we'll never know if he's hiding away his feelings, whether his hurt or not," he said and I smile,

Evan is a really good brother.., and I know that since we met. I know how much Adriel looks up to him and how he's holding on to his brother, both of them are always in each other's side no matter what. I don't think they ever fight over something, they're always in a good terms and I have no idea how they maintain that. Well.., I can tell that sometimes Evan could be a little annoyed when Adriel does something stupid but again, I don't know where Evan got that patient. He's so patient and calm with everything like he always know what to do, I always admire that side of him.