Chapter 39 - Not so good at Love

Rabecca Reinhart

I took a quick shower before I try to call my dad who's living miles away from here, I don't care about time difference he should've picked up. I've been dialing his number for the thousand time while walking around the living room with Adriel watching the tv from the sofa. He decided to come over and not going to the after party, I don't know why but it's nice to have a company especially in nights like this.

"He's probably sleeping," Adriel calmly said from the sofa in the living room, I look at him who's comfortably eating a snack while watching whatever in the tv.

"How can he be sleeping peacefully after breaking up with someone," I sigh before joining him on the sofa, sitting right next to him then began to eat the cereal on his hand.

"I don't know maybe he's stressing about something we don't know," Adriel trying to find a solid reason to make me feel more open minded, not just blaming someone because I'm following my ego.

"Yeah maybe," I sigh while chewing on the cereal.

"What are you watching? Penguin? In national geographic why?" I ask him while I look at the tv screen, trying to understand the reason why.

"I don't know they're just interesting to look at, do you wanna watch a movie?" He asked looking at me then I nodded.

"Yeah, your choice," I said before getting up from the sofa to get us a blanket and maybe another snack.

"I'm starving wanna order a take out?" I ask then he nodded.

"Yeah anything," he said.

I got into my room to get us some blankets then get back into the living room, I order Pizza because it is the only thing I can think of right now and he wouldn't say no to pizza. I ordered the flavor that we both like before getting back to the sofa, I look at the tv and he chose one of my favorite movies. It's 'Just go with it' played by Jennifer Anniston and Adam Sandler, this is one of my favorite movie ever it is so heart warming yet so funny.

"Hey it's my favorite movie," I chuckle then he can only act like he is proud of choosing it.

"I know, I know," Adriel said.

"You sure you don't want to come to the party?" I ask him one more time.

"You've ordered the take out so I'm staying," he said which only make me chuckle.

We watch the movie while having a dinner together in my living room. It's just a regular night that I used to spend with Adriel, it becomes something so regular for us to spend our time here watching random movies. I can't help rechecking my phone, checking if I got any texts from my dad, I keep refreshing it even though I know I won't get a thing.

I put my phone away before pulling my blanket to cover my body, it's getting late and I can tell both of us are tired of today's game and there were so many things happened today, started from my model pictures, Caleb then to my dad and Emma. Today is filled with complicated feelings, where there are happy, disappointed, sad and confused. I look at Adriel who's now laying on the sofa next to me, I don't know why but after all the storms somehow I know at the end of the day he'll always be there by my side.

"Caleb," I cough which caught his attention.

"Came to me today," I said while he keep looking at me.

"What? When?" He asked.

"After the game, when you were still inside," I said.

"What did he want?" He calmly ask while his blue eyes are looking at me,

"He apologized," I said then he only stays in silent before his eyes look back to the screen.

"He assured me that he deleted the video and no one have seen it," I said while his eyes are still looking at the tv like he doesn't care about my story, but I know him, I know Adriel, he would pretend like he didn't listen to whatever I said but I know he's listening to me.