Chapter 30 - Skipping School

Caroline Herald

Caroline :
Hey you're not coming to school again?

Caroline :
Is everything okay?

Caroline :
Hey I know you read my messages okay

Caroline :
Call me

I've been texting Becca for the whole two days, days and nights and she's still not replying. I started to get worried because she never got like this before. She didn't pick up my calls, replied my text messages, even her social media account is not active at the moment. Becca is never like this and I have to know what happen.

My eyes are looking at the crowded hall, looking for none other than Adriel Hamilton. I always meet him at the moment I don't want to see him and now he's the key to everything, I need to know why is my best friend not coming to school or replying to any of my texts. I see Oliver who just walked out of his class and I immediately chase after him, hoping that he knows where to find Adriel.

"Oliver!" I called his name which makes him stop from walking.

"Yes Caroline?" He asks.

"Do you know where can I find Adriel?" I ask him.

"At the cafeteria? I don't know, I just got out of the class," he says and I sigh, not helping but maybe he's right.

"Alright thank you," I say to him before making my way straight to the cafeteria.

When I got there I know it's going to be hard to spot him because the cafeteria is full of people and he's actually the type of guy that has many circles, so he can eat on different table almost everyday which started to make me frustrated.

I look around and I only see Evan who's sitting next to his girlfriend Amanda. I walk around the cafeteria until I spot Adriel who just walked into the cafeteria while looking at his phone screen.

"Here you are," I say before walking closer towards him.

"Hey," I greet him.

"Hey," he looked at me for a second then back to his phone screen, which kinda weird because he never got distracted by his phone I even barely see him looking this serious to his phone.

"Adriel," I stop him from walking away and I finally got his full attention.

"You need to tell me where the fuck is Becca?!"

"She's not coming to school for two straight days, she didn't reply to any of my texts, she didn't pick up my calls, I'm started to get worried about her," he looks at me and I know he knows something that I don't know.

"Hear me out," he says.

"Becca also hasn't reply to any of my texts since Sunday," he says and I know something must have happened.

"I'm also worried about her," he says.

"I visited her house yesterday but she won't open the door," he says.

"Did something happen to her?" I started to get very worried about her, I don't want anything happened to her.

He looks around and I realize that there's too many people around here. He told me to follow him to somewhere more quite and less people, we ended up talking in an empty classroom.

"Did something serious happen?" I ask him again.

"Something happened between Becca and Caleb,"

"Did they broke up?" I ask him and I only got a confusing look from him, which makes me very confused too.