Chapter 56 - The new Beginning

Rabecca Reinhart

I can't believe that today is the day where I leave to Paris, leaving my home town, the place where I was born and raise all of my life. It's started to get emotional ever since I leave the house, the building that I've called home since I was a little. The house hasn't sold to anyone yet, but the ads are out there.

The saddest part is I have to leave all of my routine behind, but when I think about it all over again most of my friends aren't going to be there anymore. Jack and Caroline will move abroad which means I'm not going to see them often, so is Adriel. He'll move out to another city to start his new journey as a college student which is new. Leaving him behind is actually the hardest thing that I should do.

Caroline and Jack has already said their goodbye to me yesterday, both of them are also going to leave the state at the same week I'm leaving, Caroline is going to leave tomorrow while Jack at the end of the week. So I understand how hectic it can be if they come to send me off today, we shared our one last big hug yesterday at my house and it's nothing but very sad.

My dad, Emma and I have already when through security checks, immigrations, the three of us now just have to wait until boarding time. We ate dinner and now we're waiting in a longue that is facing the airport field which we can watch the plane fly and landed from here.

Adriel's parents own an Airline so he got a privilege to get into the airport with some cards and of course letters. So he's here with me waiting for my boarding time, I'll be leaving him in just a few minute and I can't even describe how I feel right now.

We finished eating dinner then we're now sitting in the sofa in the longue next to one another. Facing the dark airport runaway in front of us, we sat there in silence.

"How do you think Paris will treat me?" I broke the silence making him turning his head to look at me.

"I believe it is going to treat you well," he calmly said then I nodded.

"Why? are you worried?" He asked while I can only stay in silent, don't know how to explain about this mix feelings of sad but also excited to see what's coming next.

"Kinda," I said then his lips curled into a smile. He leans closer to put his arm around my shoulder, he smiles while he's looking at me.

"You'll be fine, you always find a way to get things thru," he said.

Times like this always makes me so anxious and I realize that all of these times I have Adriel to affirm or tell me that I'll be fine. Living abroad means that I don't really have a person that assured whatever will happen in life, well he still can but maybe in a different way.

"How about you?" I asked back, because I realized that all of this times, it's always me who need the assurance.

"I honestly don't know how this thing will go," he said.

"I'd be lying if I said that I'm not scared nor I know what I'll do without you around," he said.

"Because 7 years of friendship is not a short time right?" He said.

"But I'm sure that we'll figure it out," he said.

"Okay," I nodded, but then suddenly my thoughts began to think about a lot of stuff, or more like I started to overthink.

"What if I chose the wrong decision?" I suddenly asked Adriel making him looking at me.

"What if something will go wrong and I'll loose your forever?" I asked him.

His blues eyes are looking down at me with narrow eyes, like he knows that I started to panicked about this whole situation. He slowly put his arm around my shoulder, bringing me closer to him so I can lay on his shoulder.