two

soojin entered from the back door of the cafe she worked in. it was a 100% green environment, which meant top to bottom was covered in plants and flowers. it was pretty, yeah. annoying to have to water every single plant every shift she worked but hey, the pay was nice.

"hi, hayoon" sooji smiled to her coworker. she was close with all of the store employees, actually. hayoon was the oldest while soojin was the second youngest. there was the energetic 15-year-old dae, the down-to-business and easily annoyed yuhye, the lazy narin, the scary yewon, the helpful nagyoung and of course, the chirpy manager jaeyeol. it was like a group of random people about to fall into an alternate universe.

"hey, sooj. could you take over the flower watering at the tables? i'll do the garlands this time." hayoon said hurriedly. "yeah, su--"THANK YOU!" exclaimed the frantic elder as she left the change-rooms. soojin shrugged.

the girl finished putting on her work fit and dug out the watering can, labeled "myoll cafe!"

she strut out into the naturey work theme and her jaw dropped. at the first window table sat a grinning beomgyu, seungmin, jisung, sunoo and minho. wait a second, a grinning minho? that can't be right.

soojin rubbed her eyes and there the sight was. the kooky group of friends but minho was scowling, looking annoyed to be here. ah, that's more like it.

the girl speed-walked over to the table. "what in the world are y-"

"SURPRISE!" the sunny boy yelled out. "beomgyu's right, you're practically a ghost when it comes to hanging out with us. how could you desert your best friends like that?" sunoo pouted.

he's so cute.

now wasn't the time though, it was also strictly prohibited for a large group of friends of a worker to be at the cafe, apparently for 'distraction'. pretty stupid rule, but jaeyeol is secretly the devil. has the most unethical weirdest rules around, but soojin didn't wanna risk it.

"how did you guys find me ?" she hissed through gritted teeth.

"followed you, duh. it was my idea." said seungmin, smiling proudly. soojin whacked his arm. "why would you do that?! and what's THAT mf doing here." she pointed disgustedly at minho who watched the quarrel from afar.

his eyes narrowed. "you think i want to be here? jisung stole my pokemon card and i chased him down for him to end up at this spot. i didn't think you'd actually work at a place like this." he said, holding back his fit of laughter at soojin in professional barista-wear.

it was soojin's turn to scowl. "look, i appreciate you guys bu--

"jin." a voice deadpanned behind her. the girl froze and gulped as she turned around to see a wild yewon, staring down its prey. "do you want to take these gentlemen's orders or do you wanna keep the chitchat?" she asked.

"I'LL TAKE THEIR CHITCH-ORDERS! haha, no worries, yewon. miss. miss yewon." soojin sweated.

"alright."

soojin turned around and looked at the boys annoyed who were about to piss themselves from holding in their giggles. she sighed, accepted her fate and leaned over jisung to pour the group's flower some water in the middle.

minho 'coughed', quote coughed, and jammed his elbow into soojin's side and she lost her balance and spilled the water onto the table.

she got up and stared intensely at minho, wiping the surface clean before some other monster pops up behind her.

she called over yuhye to take the tables's order instead, watching afar how the boys laughed amongst themselves, mostly sunoo and jisung oversharing while a bored beomgyu and seungmin rolled their eyes. minho stared at his limited edition og pikachu card.

somehow, the boys managed to stay there until dawn, closing hour. soojin undressed and went back to her normal lazytown wear and approached the boys, heading out.

"say.. didn't you and minho have detention?" beomgyu said randomly as the boys packed their buns and cinnamon rolls.

soojin and minho froze. the consequences of mrs. ri finding out were almost scarier than yewon to think about. jisung noticed their expressions and snorted. "have fun cleaning out the toilets!"

"you think mrs. ri's going to just make them clean the toilets? i bet she'll make them empty out the entire school's garbage."

"no way, she's going to do that AND confiscate minho's cards."

"oh my gosh, and--

"SHUT UP! please," soojin cried out loud, the different versions of what mrs. ri's punishments could be flashing through her head. the annoyed boy sighed. "i'll just deal with whatever it is tomorrow. can't be that bad." minho said, sauntering off into the purple sky and heading home.

the boys soon caught up to him, chattering together. "HEY, you can't just leave me here," soojin groaned as she watched the sun boy, the grumpy boy, the squirrel boy, the puppy boy and the fairy boy skip ahead.

minho turned around. "step on it, loser. you're so slow."

soojin rolled her eyes. "COMING!" she yelled out and jumped onto jisung. like that, the friend group slowly returned home, laughing and giggling along the way (except for the boomer, ol' minho sighed at his supposed 'friend group', minus soojin).

+

a/n YEAHHH THE FRIEND GROUP'S CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT

884 words