twelve

minho shoved the girl away after a couple of seconds, annoyed. "obsession." he deadpanned, bending down to reach the scarcely scattered papers and standing back up to leave. 

"yah! you're the one who clung onto me first!" soojin yelled after the boy, embarrassed. 

"you're hallucinating. i suggest you get help." the boy said, walking away. 

beomgyu dawned into the frame, running at rapid speed towards soojin and practically throwing himself onto her when he fails to slow down. 

"SOO, OH MY GOD, MY BABY, ARE YOU OKAY?" he examined, checking everywhere. 

"beomgyu, i'm okay." she laughed. "i'm really gonna beat up that little dok-lame i SWEAR."  the boy fumed.

"how about we gang-beat up him?" soojin said. "i like that idea." beomgyu said, nodding at the girl's fine suggestion.

"we should skip this period." he added on, pulling out his phone to text seungmin. "yeah, of course."

soojin linked arms with beomgyu and head to the sole hangout spot, the garden. the two arrived and saw seungmin laying in the grass, mouth open and drooling as he slept. 

"that's disgusting." neat-freak gyu disapproved, sitting down as far away from the boy as possible. 

soojin positioned herself to lean against a tree, mind occupied and clouding with luke. why is he back? what does he want? she questioned, unsure of the motives. 

what was his problem with her in the first place?

her phone dinged from her pocket, bringing her back to reality. she opened up her notifications to see a snap of herself deep in thought from beomgyu, captioned 'stop frowning. wrinkles aren't attractive.'

she snickered a little. 'don't sweat it.' the girl thought.

+

the bell rung, signalling the end of school. soojin slung her backpack over her shoulder, walking down the steps with jisung on her left and sunoo on her right. 

"no, mint chocolate is disgusting i tell you." sunoo argued. "you're just tasteless." jisung shot back. 

"ladies, ladies, you're both beautiful. i'll walk on ahead. tata!" soojin broke out from the middle, dividing the boys and stepping further in front. they scoffed.

"okay, but i bet i'd be a pretty cute girl." sunoo said.

"no you wouldn't." jisung gagged.

soojin rolled her eyes. "and they're back at it again." she mumbled. 

"by the way, you walk home by yourself." minho said, pulling up to where she stood and stretching. 

"the hell do you mean?! we literally go in the same exact direction and arrive at the same exact location, dummy."

"so what?" he scorned. "i'm gonna stop for some ice cream and you're going to want some too. my wallet isn't financially stable for that."

"financially stable my a-"

"no swearing!" he cut in, walking ahead as soojin groaned from behind it. "so be it, mf! who cares if it's national women's month anyway, not YOU." she exhaled annoyed. 

soojin turned the other way before waving goodbye to everyone and entered the shortcut to a peaceful area. she walked along a sidewalk, staring at the clear blue skies and skipping.

it really gave her time to think, being alone. her thoughts of luke came flooding back. all the times she'd cry by herself locked in the bathroom stalls without any source of reassurance, not even the comfort sunoo provided helped. 

she sighed. "luke, you jerk."

"jerk? really?" a said as she whipped around and saw a sight she dreaded most. 

wong doklim stood in front of her, hands in pockets as his beady eyes stared through her. 

"what do you want, luke?" she asked, leaning backwards. "stalking? really?"

the girl stood her ground.

"my precious little soo, didn't you miss me? why didn't you come running back to me?" he pouted, sinister eyes gleaming. 

"don't do this here, i'm not in the mood." she gulped. 

"when will you be 'in the mood'? hm?" he asked, pulling her closer to him by the waist as his scent filled her senses.

how she preferred minho's.

wait, what the flip?

"you know, if only you weren't so... you. we could've been such a cute couple." luke tutted. 

soojin shoved him off of her. "you're sick, you know that?"

"i would never change for you."

"ah, come on." the boy whined. 

soojin stuck the finger up at him. "leave me alone." her eyes narrowed as she turned away to leave.

"you wouldn't want anything to be happening to that little 'sunoo' of yours, do you? or, your entire group of friends?" his voice called after her as soojin froze in her spot.

she fumbled to grab her phone from her pocket while she was still turned around, sneakily turning on the record button before sliding it back into her compartment. 

she inhaled shakily. "w-what?" 

"you heard me. you're going to be my little, you know, link? and do whatever i say and whenever i say it."

soojin scoffed. "get your head checked. why do y'all think i'd do shit for you?" 

luke walked over, leaning dangerously close as his hands roamed her middle torso and slipping a hand in her pocket, pulling out her phone as she froze, breath hitched in her throat. 

"hm, a recording? you're so cute." he cooed, throwing her phone onto the floor and smashing it to bits. 

soojin stared at her crackling device. 

"are you freaking kidding me?!" she yelled. "not my PHONE? do any of you have any respect for women? hello, WOMEN'S MONTH?" 

luke scoffed. "i know you live with that little minho boy."

"you wha-"

"i'm not done talking. utter one word to him and i'll do things that aren't even imaginable." he threatened, turning around to stroll off. 

"you meet me when i tell you to. i know a lot more than you think i do." he spat, leaving her alone in the middle of the sidewalk.

soojin stood there cluelessly, unable to think properly. she wanted to cry, but she couldn't. nobody had ever threatened her this way before. 

she sighed frustratedly, running a hand through her hair.

+

"yah! you came like what, an hour late? what's up with you?" minho scorned once she reached home.

"sorry." she mumbled, whizzing past him going to her guests room, locking herself in there. 

...

hours had already passed, it was almost 7PM and she hadn't step foot out once. 

mrs. lee walked up to her room and knocked. "dinner's ready, dear. would you like to come and eat?" she called. 

"ah, no thank you. i'm okay." a faint voice called out from the other end as the woman stood there worried. "this isn't like her." she mumbled.

"alright, dear." the woman turned away.

minho waited from downstairs, hearing what was going on as he leaned against a wall, expression blanked as he shrugged.

the family ate dinner that night without soojin.

a/n get ready for some actual crap with a STORYLINE WOOO