fourteen

"do my homework." the boy in front of her said, throwing his backpack at her side. "what is UP with everyone wanting me to do their homework?!"

war flashbacks of, who, again? yeshit, was that her name?

"i just woke up, leave me alone." the girl said, annoyed. this continuous bullshit had been happening for a whole four days now.

"stop denying my orders, link." the boy sneered. soojin inhaled, leaning against a wall. "when will you let me go?" she swallowed, unsure of when luke was going to finally lose it and pull a move. 

"let you go? weird." the boy heavily laughed, nudging bokdo at his side. he walked over, wrapping an arm around the girl's neck and bringing her back closer to his chest. "that, my dear, would be never."

...

"yeo soojin." minho said as the girl hurriedly ran out the classroom when the bell rang, dismissing everyone from history. 

"four days. four whole days. you haven't spoken. do you know how much sunoo's worrying?" the boy said, crossing his arms. it was the first interaction between the two in awhile.

soojin paused, unsure what to do. she spun on her heel and looked at him for a split second.

"this IS all for him." she whispered, inaudibly as she turned around to walk off. minho grabbed her wrist. 

unlike luke for the past mornings, the boy reached for her wrist tenderly, slowly wrapping his fingers around the connection and held it loosely. "talk to me." he deadpanned, tone not matching the sincerity of his action.

he looked down at the girl's wrist which he held ever so gently. 

"is this a bruise?"

soojin looked down at her own wrist, noticing the purple discoloration. she yelped, pulling away as she spun in the other direction. hurriedly speed-walking out the hall, minho yet again stared at her descense.

the girl slowly navigated back to the secluded area where yunmin, bokdo, jinsang and luke hung, cigarettes in luke and jinsang's hands.

"boys! there she is!" the ring leader clapped his hands, the other three students whistling. words could not explain how bad soojin wanted to choke-slam them all right there and then. 

"i'm here." she sighed. 

"come to me." bokdo said, arms out. his uncomfortable grin was eerily ugly. 

"yeah, c'mon babe." luke pressured, waving her over with his cigarette. jinsang stood beside her, arm wrapped around her upper-waist tightly as yunmin hooted at the show. 

soojin felt extremely uncomfortable as she stared at the boys slowly, everything else a blur. their mocking faces, their yellow teeth, their decayed cigarettes, it was overwhelming. soojin felt her head spin.

the girl blanked. 

and then came a kick to the ankle and a high-pitched shriek, and then an elbow right to jinsang's nose as she took off the other way, running down the hall at the speed of light.

jinsang yelled and held his nose, the cartilage aching bitterly as luke's face shriveled up in pain from the kick. yunmin and bokdo stood there frozen.

"YAH! what are you idiots doing?! get her!" luke yelled, the two boys scrambling off their seats and taking after the girl as yunmin rubbed his nose and partook in the man-hunt.

soojin flew up the corridor as fast as she could go, not once stopping to turn back even when she heard the yells from the boys. students in class stuck their head out the doorframe, confused as to what the commotion was all about.

"oh my god, fuck off!" soojin screamed behind her, continuing to run up a staircase and stumbling over her steps. 

"gosh, get back here you little-" yunmin bellowed, scurrying up the staircase. 

the girl looked behind her for a split second and saw all four boys chasing her at top speed, none of them sweating a drop. 

the girl slowly started to lose breath, still skimming throughout the school and causing a ruckus in the halls where students stared her whizzing past them.

"this is it." she thought.

"the downfall of yeo soojin." 

she continued to run for her life, literally almost about to pass out when she bumped into something hard. 

the 'something' wrapped its arms around her protectively, trapping her in a hug. at first the girl thought it was a luke minion and almost kneed the boy in a place where the sun doesn't shine, but it occurred to her that hey, this guy doesn't smell like cancer-in-a-stick.

minho.

she breathed out, basically melting into the boy's embrace as the four dawned upon the pair.

"is there a problem?" minho asked, unalarmed once the four skid to a stop. luke's eyes bulged out of their sockets, face turning red, then blue, then purple.

"get your hands off of my girl!" he screeched, bloodshot.

minho sighed, flipping the female around as she caught her breath in his arms. "doklim, i'd like you to watch this."

the boy grabbed soojin's chin and stared into her tired eyes, before smashing his lips onto hers. 

a/n this is such a short chapter sorry but THE KISS MAKES UP FOR IT AMIRITE