eleven

soojin adjusted her tie as she stood in front of the school gates, maknae on top blasting in her earbuds. she winked at a group of people as she skipped onto the grounds, the confidence sky-high. 

minho walked beside her,  cringing at the new demeanor. "what's gotten into you? he questioned as beomgyu, jisung and sunoo walked ahead of them, seungmin trailing behind on his phone.

"MAKNAE ON TOP!" she belted out a lyric, taking out the boy's eardrum as she held up random signs. "aren't i the maknae?!" sunoo yelled from in front. 

soojin paid no heed as she sauntered along with authority, feeling on top of the world. 

until she bumped into a boy. 

"what in the-" she looked up, pulling out an earbud.

 "luke?"

her jaw dropped. you see, back in middle school there was this guy, wong doklim. his mother was drunk while giving birth to him, hence the name. he went by luke from then on.

"yo! aha, what are you doing here?" soojin asked, staring up the the significantly taller boy, worried. minho narrowed his eyes. "are you gonna apologize for randomly stepping in the way?" he said to the male, arms crossed.

"chill, bro. just wanna talk to my girl here."

minho's eyes narrowed to an even smaller slit. "your what?"

"WHEW, yeah, your girl friend. AS IN, female buddy. you know." soojin laughed nervously, remembering her past with the kid. 

"when did you transfer here?" he asked, hands in his pocket as he towered over her. "ah, wong doklim." someone interfered.

"han jisung." the two stared at each other.

soojin cleared her throat. "first of all uh, i've always been here, and maybe we should get to class?" she suggested, the tense air already packing thick.

"sure, girl." luke said, tagging along with the group as they all instantly turned around to get to class as soojin suggested. sunoo sassily planted his hands on his hips. "i don't think she was talking to you." 

"she probably was, wasn't i her cru-" 

minho cut him off. "i don't care what you are to her or to any of us. screw off." he walked on ahead, the rest of the gang hurriedly following behind him as luke stood behind, scoffing annoyed.

"yah, minho, you're so cool." sunoo fanboyed, literal heart-eyes as he squealed. the boy cringed. "ew sunoo, get away."

"whew, thanks. but you guys, what are we going to do now that doklim is back?" soojin asked, halting in front of the group. jisung, beomgyu, seungmin, sunoo and soojin had been friends throughout all of middle school, they met minho in highschool. 

the grump held a hand up. "first of all, who even IS that guy?" he asked, literally not knowing a hint of context behind everyone's behaviour towards luke. 

seungmin chewed on a nail. "it's uh, a long story." 

"i have time." minho cocked an eyebrow.

jisung stepped out in front. "i'll explain!" he offered. he DID seem like he had the most shit with luke in the first place. 

the uninformed boy sat down at a bench, arms crossed behind his head as he stared at the gang. "explain."

jisung took a breath. "luke was, he's.. a handful. arrogant, annoying, bitter, rude, a son of a-" 

"i get it mf, move on." minho scorned.

jisung glared at him. "OKAY then, he's just a really trash person. the only person he had a soft spot or something towards was soojin. when i tell you i KNEW he was up to no good..." he shook his head.