seven

"welcome, to myoll cafe." grinned soojin, eyes bloodshot as she stared down the customer who squirmed under her gaze and immediately sat down at a nearby table. 

two. hours. 

two hours straight of this complete BS, put on welcoming duty to sit still, look pretty, smile and and greet the next customer faithfully.

jaeyeol appeared next to her as she rubbed her eyes. "you're doing great, angel!" he chirped, fluttering off to compliment nagyoung. another reason why this was so annoying was because lee minho from class 2-c sat at a window seat shadily, sipping his coffee and reading a book.

just his mere presence and literal existence was deafening as soojin held back all her urges to backhand the boy for absolutely no reason at all, she was THAT petty at work.

the bell dinged and snapped her out of her thoughts. "welcome, to myoll cafe." she seethed at the poor customer. 

soojin, not being able to stand this any longer, called over dae who skipped happily towards her. "hi, soojin! what do you need?" she asked eagerly.

"yeah, hey cutie. do you perhaps want to take over welcoming duty while i take over serving?" soojin asked, tiredly. dae squealed at the nickname. she was sort of like the cafe 'maknae', always getting babied by the others and obviously, the sweet 15-year-old loved every second.  

"of course! have fun, soojin." she agreed, using honourifics while replying to soojin because she was older.

soojin thanked her and plopped down at an empty booth, resting her eyes before having to get up again. "thank the lords for dae." she mumbled, exhausted.

not even five seconds later, an obstacle appeared. 

"yah. waittress. i want a lemon cake slice." someone said abruptly as the girl lifted her head to be met with minho's stone cold gaze. "are you kidding me?" she said, groaning.

"no, i want a lemon cake." minho said, slurping his coffee. 

"lemon is the most disgusting flavour to exist and you're bothering me because you want it? that's almost worst than, what, lemon lollipops?" 

"isn't that your job?" minho cocked an eyebrow at the girl, the question intimidating. "to give me what i want?"

"what, am i some sort of maid now to you? ask narin or something, she's right there." the worn girl said, pointing to the woman who stood idly as she leaned against the counter on her phone.

"no, she's on her phone. i don't want to disturb her." he said, looking over to the lady. "so you disturb ME INSTEAD? even after i'm clearly- you little..." soojin narrowed her eyes at him as he stayed mum, still drinking his beverage expectantly. 

"ask hayoon? nagyoung? yuhye? yewon? or even freaking manager jaeyeol? why ME?" she asked, expressing her annoyance. 

"because i would take every chance i have to irk you." minho replied, innocently. 

soojin sighed loudly. "obsession.." she mumbled after getting up from her seat slowly to avoid public collapsing due to satan's condition himself, sideropenia or toned down for the dummies, iron deficiency. 

minho grabbed soojin's wrist yet again, and rubbed the middle of her forearm close to her wrist with his thumb while she waited for the dizzying stars to pass by her eyes. yet again as always, soojin snatched her arm away and glared at the boy, making her way to the kitchen.

she pushed the curtains back as she entered the sweet environment. "ah, yuhye, do we have any fresh lemon cake slices laying around?" she asked the elder.