thirteen

it was a school morning. soojin got up warily, remembering the night before where she'd sat by herself in the dark and worried. 

what CAN this luke boy do?

the girl got up and went to the mirror, her eyebags dark and prominent. "yikes." she said, examining her face. "not even sunoo's skincare routine could save me."

she sighed, making her way to the bathroom.

+

"why didn't you eat dinner." minho deadpanned from behind her as she hoisted up her backpack, his question sounding more like a literal deadpan than a question.

soojin looked at him for a split second and went back to adjusting herself. 

"yah. face me, turtle." the boy said, crossing his arms.

soojin paid no attention and hurriedly walked out the front door, yet again skipping a meal.

minho watched her descend by herself.

the girl soon reached school grounds by herself, staring up at the front gates. she felt smaller knowing she was by herself and not surrounded by a kooky lot of her best friends.

"ah, so you came without them. good." a voice said from beside her as she turned to meet the source.

"luke." soojin swallowed.

"hey, babe." the boy responded, reaching a hand out to graze her hair. soojin shuffled back. "what do you want?" she asked, nervously. 

"ah, nothing right now. i'll let you know when i do since you're so eager." the boy smirked. he grabbed her waist touchily and pulled her closer to him, inhaling her shampoo.

"you're so- weird." she struggled, trying to fight from his grip. "one more move and it's over." he blanked.

the girl slowly gave up. 

soojin giving up? that's an odd sight. 

"why are you doing this?" she whispered, gulping. 

"just for the fun of it." luke's eyes glinted.

she looked over the courtyard and saw the sight of her friends staring at her, wide-eyed as she sat in luke's grip. jisung seemed like he was about to explode, eyes demanding and explanation while sunoo, seungmin and beomgyu stood there with their mouths open, quivering. minho's face was unreadable.

the boy looked at where she was looking at too. he chuckled, waving cockily at the group and tugged soojin along, hands still firmly on her waist which prevented her to look back.

"is that yeo soojin with wong luke?" the campus foodie pointed out when the two passed him. "yeah, it is!" kyung nari exclaimed, turning everyone's heads.

soojin gulped.

"now, do up my tie for me." the boy ordered, looking at her demandingly.

"what?" the girl snapped her head up to look at him.

"you heard me." he stared at her intensely, mumbling threats.

the girl sucked up her spit while trying to keep calm. she stepped forward and diligently did luke's tie, adjusting it so it fit perfectly. 

soojin hoped with her entire being her friend group wasn't watching.

she timidly stepped back, feeling controlled. 

the students whispering got louder. "what a good girl." the boy gleamed.

"i'm not a dog." she spat, without thinking.

silence.

"did.. you just speak back to me?" the boys tone dropped an octave. 

he clenched his fist. "think about your little sunoo." he sneered at her closely, his hair covering the twos face so it looked like they were only exchanging secretive little romantic flirts; not luke making death threats.

soojin looked away from the boy's close proximity, grossed out. she scoffed under her breath.

luke pulled away and flashed the crowd an award-winning smile, as his hands resumed to their grip on soojin's waist. 

"let me introduce you to my bros." the boy said, dragging her over hurriedly to a secluded area before she could protest. doklim stopped at an unused hall.

 "jinsang! bokdo! yunmin!" the boy yelled out. 

three students slunk out from the shadows, two of them with cigarettes. they all had nasty scars on their face and were utterly unattractive with their rotted looks and snarls.

"meet our new little thing, soojin." he grinned. 

soojin let out a chain of curses at the boy in her head. some weren't pretty. "hm, she's cute." one said, holding out a cigarette-stained hand. "jinsang." he smirked. soojin death-stared him down.

"aye. a feisty one." another said, laughing. his teeth were decayed to the core. the boys all crowded soojin, taking in their fascination with the prim and clean girl. 

she cleared her throat, hinting for the boy named yunmin to get his fingers on her collarbones off. he chuckled, cockily.

the loud crowd shoved the girl along with them, entering the halls in a noisy mess as soojin could only walk stiffly with the boy's hands around her waist. 

the bell finally rang, signalling it was time for school. the girl broke off with the boys, hurriedly trying to get to her class. "not so fast." a voice said. doklim.

"what is it now?!" she looked at him, exasperatedly. 

"remember our threats." he grabbed her wrist harshly as she looked at him unamused. 

she stared down at her arm. "drop it, maybe?" she asked.

"don't you play smart with me." he sneered, grip tightening as soojin physically felt her blood flow stopping. 

she pulled her wrist back, panicking. "don't you restrict my blood flow." she exclaimed.

"i'll restrict a lot more." the boy spat, giving her one last dirty look before leaving. 

soojin hurriedly burst into class once she was sure he was gone, taking out a pencil and paper from a free desk and beginning to write rapidly. the class looked at her in confusion. 

"what are you doing, babe?" a voice said. she stopped writing, pen lingering in her hand. she slowly turned to her side and saw one of the thugs, bokdo. "this is my class too." he gave her a disgusting smile.

soojin gulped, diverting her eyes away from him and crumpling up the message hurriedly; throwing it in the bin. 

she dusted herself off and took a seat slowly, the class still paused at her behavior. "i'm sorry." she muttered.

+

"i can't believe her. i can't flipping believe her." jisung fumed, throwing aside a chair as the group sat in an empty classroom. "how the fuck could she abandon us for that jerk?!" he ranted. sunoo looked up sadly.

"maybe she still has feelings for him." he mumbled. seungmin sighed.

"guys, we shouldn't doubt soojin so quick." beomgyu said. "i know how much she hates him."

"i know how much she does too." minho spoke for the first time since the meeting. 

"whatever. she obviously favors him over us now." jisung slammed his fist on a desk, leaving the room in a hot mess.