twenty five

...

the next day came, and soojin hastily hopped into the shower for her typical routine. 

after the dramatic kiss, the girl pulled aback, stared into minho's eyes for a second then shrieked out of embarrassment (much like a pterodactyl) and ran off into her own house; grandpa and parents walking out like nothing had happened and they absolutely weren't peering out the window. 

"how am i going to face flipping minho?!" she thought, shoving a toothbrush into her mouth with shampoo all over the bristles.

hold on, shampoo?

soojin choked and spat out the brush, opening her mouth wide open for shower water to enter and rinse out the bitter taste. 

"i'm going insane."

+

after combing down her mid-rib length, she afitted her uniform and dashed out, abandoning soggy cereal her grandpa had left out for her 15 minutes earlier as unfortunately, she had mrs. ri's class first period.

minho stood outside his gate deeply indulged in his phone, most likely looking for even more job applications so beomgyu could quit using 'jobless' as an insult on him. 

....

is it me or are y'all getting severe deja vu right now?

anyway; the boy looked up and saw soojin flying down the street, cocking his head. "she could've just asked for a ride." he mumbled to himself, getting into his dad's car who'd just pulled up right next to him.

  he usually took a ride on mrs. ri's mornings, no way would he want a repeat of chapter one. 

the boy pulled up at the front gate with exactly a minute to spare, reaching the woman's class in time and taking a well-earned seat while nodding to jisung.

a couple minutes passed.

and in burst soojin, coming in like a wrecking ball and panting. she looked like she'd ran an entire 50-mile-long marathon with only two sips of water to keep her going.

the woman looked at the younger girl intimidatingly.

"miss SOOJONG, what is the very, ELEGANT arrival for, HM?" mrs. ri crossed her arms. the girl caught her breath, then looked at her with the infamous '???' expression crossing over her face. 

"it wouldn't have been so regal if i wasn't expected to be here 15 minutes earlier for no flipping reason, right?" she shot. 

everyone's jaw dropped.

soon, little prayers were muttered and soojin could physically hear the 'directed by robert b. weide' theme playing.

the girl's face contorted in horror.

 it went so silent a pin could be heard, dropped. she stopped breathing.

"OH MY GOD, no, i didn't mean that! i let my emotions get the best of me i did NOT mean for it to come out that way- i didn't mean for it to come out at a-" she burst.

"yeo. damn soojong." mrs. ri said in a tone so evil, chills went down every student's spine. the woman's glasses glinted. 

[CUT SCENE, CONTENT TOO VILE FOR YOUNG AUDIENCES.] 

...

out walked soojin, back getting rubbed by jisung. her face was in a permanent, disturbed and forced smile. 

minho stopped chewing his gum, hands in pockets. "well, that was harsh."

soojin took no heed and walked off traumatizedly, not looking back. the boy chuckled.

jisung looked at him in incredulously. "you're laughing?!"

minho looked at the boy, a coy smile displaying itself on his lips. "well, kinda."

"you're flipping horrible."

the boy pat jisung's head and walked off to the cafeteria.

he easily reached the entrance, spotting soojin sitting down with the same blank expression. he pushed back his hair and walked over to where she was, uninvitingly taking a seat next to the girl and pulling out his drink. 

he looked ahead, sipping his coffee annoyingly. "sounds like it sucks to be you, loser."

"iron deficiency this, iron deficiency that, why couldn't it make itself useful and knock me out when mrs. ri's around." she muttered without blinking.

"kicks in when you're around me."

"that's because i hate you."

minho frowned at the girl. "weren't you trying to start a make-out with me yesterday?"

soojin abruptly stood up, finally displaying any bit of emotion. "do you ever shut your mouth?!" she exclaimed, a light blush spreading across her cheeks as she stared at him with big eyes before stomping off.

the boy chuckled cockily. 

sunoo and seungmin arrived behind him, taking a seat. "gee, jisung told me what happened." the older boy said. "sounded really bad. mrs. ri's a devil."

"i hope soo's doing well :(" sunoo said.

"hold on. what?" seungmin looked at the younger and minho widened his eyes.

"did you just.. speak an emoticon frown?"

"hm?" sunoo looked at the boy.

"like, do what you did just now." minho said, cautiously.

"this? :("

"oh my god." the two older boys said simultaneously. 

the youngest shrugged his shoulder and drank his veggie drink. seungmin sighed.

"well, where's soojin at?" he asked. 

"saw her walk into the girl's bathroom." jisung said, completing the boys' sentence for him and nabbing a seat.

a few seconds passed and the group minded their own business nonchalantly before minho jumped up and stared at his phone screen in shock.

"what?" seungmin said.

"..i got a freaking job."

"HUH?!" chorused the other boys, clammering at minho's phone in curiosity.

jisung's face paled. "you're going to.. work at that?" he whispered. the boy smiled down at his phone. "yup."

"someone's really not going to like that news." sunoo shuddered.

"minho, are you sure you-"

"yup."

 in the distance, beomgyu and soojin and were spotted heading towards the group. 

seungmin gave minho a look of panic. 

"hey guys, what's up?" the  squeaky-clean student greeted, arriving at the table in the corner. soojin crossed her arms.

"i got a job." minho grinned.

beomgyu let out a surprised chuckle. "wow. can't believe you finally managed to score a place. you've been looking for like what, 4 months? where is it?"

sunoo bit his nail.

lee minho let out a smug scoff. 

"myoll café."