four

it was tuesday, personal activity or PA day from school. soojin lay idle in her grandpa's bed as she stared at him working for an online software company from his desk. she stretched like a newborn, sighing.

"say, grandpa, want some fire noodles?" she asked, pulling out her lollipop stick and sitting up.

"i'm not sure jin, i'm old and noodles don't sit well with me." the man chuckled.

"i'll add your spice to my bowl and you can eat them plain? i'll even feed you." she said, hoping for permission to get out of the house for a bit.

her grandpa turned around. "ah, jin, you look eager. are you that hungry?" he asked.

soojin nodded her head, needing an excuse to get some fresh air from the stuffy bedroom.

"alright. i don't want you going out though, it's hot and you shouldn't be too physical right now. your blood levels SUCK. you can borrow some from.. mr. lee, was it? the neighbour. you two have been friends forever, he wouldn't mind i'm sure." her grandpa smiled warmly, completely oblivious to the soojin-minho dilemma.

soojin's face noticeably fell. she quickly tried conjuring up some excuse.

"wait, err, actually, i'm not that hungry it can wa-"

"are you dieting?" her grandpa looked at her sternly, eyes narrowed. he hated it when soojin didn't eat enough, her iron deficiency was already a struggle.

"NO, no grandpa, i'll uh, go get some." she said meekly as the girl got off the bed and trudged down the stairs, slipping on her slippers. she sighed and opened her front door, dragging her feet dejectedly the whole time.

+

soojin stood in front of minho's similar house. except it had a few minor renovations, such as a pool, patio, lights decorating the structure, an added balcony, you know, annoying rich kid stuff.

she ringed the doorbell and teetered on her toes.

an eternity later a groggy minho in a robe, baggy pajama pants and a cup of coffee appeared in the door's place. this boy always took CENTURIES to answer the darn door. why so, it is beyond the scope of this book.

he took once glance at soojin and dramatically groaned out loud. "why did my day have to start with seeing YOU?" he complained.

soonie creeped out the doorway and sat down next to soojin, purring. "your cat loves me, why don't you?" she accused, annoyed already.

minho cringed. "never."

"what are you even doing here? obsessed with me?" he asked cockily, sipping his scalding coffee. "give me your noodles."

minho choked. "my noo-"

"you heard me? i want your noodles."

the older boy snorted. "lol."

"did you just say 'lol' out loud?" soojin asked, aghast. "you're truly... seek help." she said mouth open in disbelief. minho scoffed.

"why in the world do you want my noodles? just get your own. unless, mine feel special to you.." he said, letting out an annoying 'tee-hee'.

soojin tiredly rolled her eyes, shoved minho aside and barged in, stomping straight to the kitchen. "watch it, wimp! i almost spilled my coffee on soonie." the frantic boy said as the cat meowed somehow irritated, and walked into the residence and resuming to curl up in a ball.

the girl opened and knelt down in front of the pantry, rummaging through like a stray kitten. minho watched for a second, unamused. "where's mrs. lee?" soojin asked, getting up after thoroughly checking the closet and moving onto the cupboards.

"oh, mom. she's out shopping. and dad's in the garage working on something." he said, walking over to the couch, taking off the robe to reveal a hoodie (what was this weirdo doing with a ROBE and HOODIE on at the same time, is beyond the scope of this book.) and sprawling himself on it, clicking the remote on.

"oh." ; soojin sat down and huffed a couple of minutes later. "where are your freaking noodles? grandpa's waiting for me at home," she yelled over her shoulder. minho looked up. "oh. we ran out a week ago."

soojin snapped her neck turning around and glared at him. "why didn't you tell me earlier, dipshit? i literally would've been at the checkout right now if i'd gone to the market instead, talking to heejeong." soojin swooned/seethed.

"heejeong? the cashier? you do realize he's like, 65?" minho said, grossed out by her love interests.

soojin scowled. "he's 26, for your information." minho rolled his eyes. "still the age of my great grandfather. literally then why did you come here instead? go to your self-acclaimed husband's workplace instead." he yawned, falling into a trance staring at the gorgeous woman on the screen.

"i'm not an idiot, stupid. i would've OBVIOUSLY done that if my grandpa would let me."

"why didn't he let you mf?" minho asked, attention on moon gayoung playing in front of him. "stupid deficiency thing." soojin sighed. minho paused.

"get in the car."

"the what?"

"car; /kär/ (noun) 1. a four-wheeled road vehicle that is powered by an engine and is able to carry--"

"i KNOW what A CAR is. are you trying to kidnap me? why am i supposed to get into your oldy-moldy car?" soojin asked, suspiciously. minho stared at her, not believing the nerve of this dense fool. "so? you don't have to walk?" he said, holding his head in disbelief. "i can't believe i had to explain that."

the boy got up from the couch and speed-trudged to soojin, grabbing her wrist and pulling her out the front door.

he lead the two to the car, producing his keys from his pockets as soojin waited at the passenger's side, shifting her feet at minho's unexpected move. that was... nice?

"what in the world are you doing at the passenger's seat? get in the back your unroyal-lowness." minho said.

soojin scowled. ah, there's the minho we all know and love. he ruffled up his hair and sat down, soojin shutting the door once she's in as the annoying boy suddenly started the car at 25 miles per hour, causing the girl to jolt. "at least let me put my seatbelt on!" soojin grumbled.

"at least take care of yourself and flipping EAT so i don't have to be your stupid chauffeur." minho shot at her.

"take care of myself..?" soojin mouthed.

before minho had time to deny that specific statement , "awh, you worry for me!" soojin exclaimed, ear-piercingly shrieking it in minho's ear. the boy cringed.

"you think my dad would let me off the hook if i let you go alone? don't think i WANT to be here. you flatter yourself too much." he rolled his eyes.

"sure, lino."

"call me by my english name again and i will abandon you at the side of a highway."

"sure, lino."

minho groaned. "you're so annoying, you know that?"

"pay attention the roa—" "then stop being annoying!"

and alas, the two descended to seomal market.

++

a/n AHH A DOUBLE UPDATE you guys give me motivation to continue

1,177 words