twenty three

"oh, this is disgusting." muttered beomgyu, avoiding all the cave ecosystems including moss and random mushroom sprouts.

"how?" soojin called from across the cave. the group entered quietly through the dark mine, boots shuffling across the rocky terrain.

"it just, has this gross aura, like it's all wet and.. you get me? like i'll accidentally step in goo."

seungmin rolled his eyes. "shut up and enjoy the experience."

beomgyu snorted, making sure it was extra loud so seungmin could hear and maybe coughing up a bit of mucus.

"alright everyone, we're going to be going in deeper."

"that's what he said." a voice mumbled from the quiet crowd, erupting snickers.

the teacher rolled his eyes. "don't let the bats hear you, they might come for your neck."

silence.

eerie, grey, silence.

maybe for a good 5 minutes, nobody wanted their neck getting bit off.

before xiaolin basically scared the flipping shit out of everyone by tripping over a stone and shrieking.

"EEEEEEEEEEK!"

minho yelled, jumping away.

mr. bin looked back, startled. "ma'am, please watch where you step."

"of course, mister bin! sorry!"

the girl staggered back up to her feat, mainly clinging onto minho's safety belt and pulling herself up to his waist; wrapping her arms around it.

soojin blinked.

"thank you for helping me up, minho~"

the boy looked down to her, sighed, then grabbed her underarms and stood her back up softly, as she unnecessarily pressed herself closer to him.

the notorious muyin friend group stared wide-eyed at the boy from each of their sections, only the female snapping her head to look away.

+

after a long, cave journey, the highschool students finally stepped out into sunlight and fresh air as they melted into the cool breeze.

"air has never tasted so good before." sunoo sighed, slurping up oxygen.

"i agree." jisung added.

soojin had stayed mum the entirety of the hike, staring off into the distance and barely bothering to appreciate the freedom from the cave.

"looking a lot like doklim just stepped out infront of y-" minho began to her, being annoying as always before getting cut off.

"don't speak to me."

were the words that monotonously fell out of soojin's mouth.

the infamous '???' expression crossed over the boy's face.

"what did i do, turt-"

"did you not hear me the first time?" she said, looking up at him in complete seriousness before walking away.

the boy raised his eyebrows at her disappearing figure.

"wonder what happened to her." he mumbled, cocking his head.

1 day later

"so, last day of this trashy-not trashy camping trip." said seungmin, escorting soojin back to the girl's dorms along with the rest of the friend group.