sixteen

soojin and sunoo took a walk away from the group for a while. 

"alright, i'm going to be pampering you today because you're the youngest, and have been exhausted from schoolwork since chapter eight." she grinned, staring down at the boy who happily intertwined his hand with hers. it was like a mother with her child, cute. 

the two walked along in comfortable silence. 

+

"soo! look at this shop!" the boy said once the pair were a considerable while away, pointing at a woolen knitting store filled with all sorts of knit plushies. 

soojin nudged him in the direction of a peach sitting in the window's corner. "that one kinda looks like you." 

"really?" sunoo said, looking up at the older girl while she pinched his cheek. "yes. lets keep walking."

so as you see, blond-boy was always everyone's baby. he had a mature side, of course, when it came to his closest friends.

sunoo breathed in and tugged on the girl's hand, causing her to divert all attention to him again. "hm? are you gonna buy the peach?"

"soojin, what happened with luke exactly?" he asked, sighing. luke was a sensitive topic for the two, but also how they met. it was natural for them to talk in all-seriousness when it came to him.

the girl shifted nervously from foot-to-foot. "he didn't really, do anything? he tried but, stopped. it was just a bunch of empty threats." she explained, scratching her head. "what made you suddenly change your mind about everything?"

"it was beomgyu and minho. they're the closest right? minho said that he'll take care of luke and then we could all come running to you." he recalled, furrowing his eyebrows. 

soojin cocked her head.

"say, what did he do to scare the gang off like that?' the boy asked, eyes full of curiosity. the girl heat up cheek-to-cheek, recalling the events. 

"nothing! just uh, more empty threats." she excused, pulling him closer to her. "i see, soo. i see." sunoo said suspiciously.

"now hurry up and eat your ice-cream so you can grow taller than me." she scorned. "you're literally just one inch taller, jin." the boy deadpanned.

"jin!? oh me oh my, is this how you refer to your elders?! wah... shameful." the girl said, impersonating the rich k-drama mothers. 

"well, i never! i can't even be friendly with you!" sunoo shot back, tone even more high-pitched and annoying.

"i am your MOTHER! you treat me with respect, tsk!" soojin scolded.

"and i am your child. why wont you free me?! let me be myself?!"

"you're too YOUNG to be yourself! aren't you ashamed?!" 

"mother, i hate you!"

"what did you just say to me, you little-"

"WHOA, whoa, whoa, what k-drama is this?!" seungmin interrupted out of nowhere as the boy and girl's soul literally left them.

"where did YOU come from?!" soojin yelled, sunoo giving him the dirty eye. "chill!" the boy said, holding his hands up in surrender. "i just came to get you guys, we're gonna walk home together."

the so-called mother and son looked at each other, rolled their eyes at seungmin and followed him back to the group.

jisung was the first to notice the three s's dawning upon the gang, dramatically pointing a finger at them and high-pitched shrieking. 

"oh my GOD! the stinky S'S!" he gasped, expression laced with terror. soojin whipped her pointed and empty ice-cream cone at the boy, the spiky end jabbing him in the stomach.

"OW!"

"freaking finally! what did you two do that took so long, rob a bank?!" beomgyu exclaimed.

"since we're all here now, lets go home." the boy rolled his eyes, pairing up with sunoo since they lived the closest. jisung nabbed seungmin.

minho walked coolly up next to soojin, hands in pocket. "we're in pairs? cool, lets go." he said.

sunoo cheered as if this were a rollercoaster, and strode along.

the girl walked faster up ahead, two steps further than minho at all times. the boy cocked his head at her, amused. "yah, yeo soojin."

"what do you want, hoe?" she asked without looking back. "awh, we're giving short nicknames to each other now?" 

"no, i literally called you a- you know what, sure." she said, sweating. the boy let out a contained laugh. "alright."

"where's your phone, turtle?" he asked, looking at her back. soojin cursed. "ah crap, i need to buy a new one. luke broke mine."

minho scoffed. "so you just let that boy break your phone and kept quiet?" 

"yah! if i told someone i'd be dead in a ditch or something!" she scorned, giving him the dirty eye. 

minho raised his eyebrows, slowly walking ahead to match her pace and threw an arm around her shoulder. "you, my dear, are something else."

"sh-shut up!"