twenty six

"put on the apron." soojin deadpanned.

"no! it has a heart on the front and that looks-"

"YOU wanted to work here. now put on the flipping apron and move it." the girl scorned at lee minho, giving him the dirty eye.

the troubled student groaned, shrugging on the cover and cringing at himself. "aww, how cute." soojin cooed sarcastically, making sure to scoff at him before walking out of the changerooms and greeting nagyoung.

"hi, na. what's your shift today?" the girl asked, minho crossing his arms annoyedly from behind her.

"hi, soo! i'm on the cooking shift." she replied, putting her phone back in her pocket. "with uh.. yuhye and yewon." she hesitantly added on.

soojin gasped. "oh my god. i'm so sorry."

"i know." nagyoung whispered, darkness casting over her face.

"but! work is work!" she snapped her head up as a wide grin occupied the former place her sour expression lay.

she might be bipolar. nobody knows.

"you, mr. minho here, dae and hayoon are on waitress duty! hayoon will cover your spot as the plant waterer since manager jaeyeol picked you out to be minho's mentor." she called back, entering the kitchen.

"what?! but-" soojin started.

"you heard her. show me around." the boy cut her off, shrugging.

soojin glared at him. "what else do you need to know? just take a customer's order then report it to someone in the kitchen and deliver it back to them." she duh-ed.

at that exact moment, the bell rung and indicated a customer was here.

"oh look loser, there's your chance!" she pointed at the door. "since you wanted to be annoying and work here so bad, go take her order!" soojin shoved minho in the customer's direction who'd just taken a seat.

the boy walked over to the girl, looking back at soojin and sticking his tongue out.

"what do you want." minho deadpanned at the customer.

the girl flinched. "uh, could i order one mocha caramel macchiato?"

minho cringed. "cara-what?"

"mocha caramel macchiato..?" the customer repeated in a small voice.

"how the flip do you spell mocha caramel ma- you want a coffee?" he piped.

"no..?"

"i said, do you want a coffee?" he glared at the poor girl.

"n-"

"shut up." he said, while scribbling 'one coffee' into his notepad.

the girl started to tear up, jumping out of her seat and shrieking that she was going to leave a horrible review; stomping out.

minho stared at the customer's dust with wide eyes, hand idly holding his pen. "well, rude." he scorned. "only 30 seconds on the job and someone's given me attitude."

soojin, dae, hayoon and nagyoung stared at the boy, their faces all contorted in horror.

"what in the goddamn hell is happening?" yewon stepped out, looking as annoyed as ever.

"ah, yewon it's nothing." hayoon laughed nervously, signalling minho to stay in his lane.

"oh okay, newbie. causing a ruckus on your first day?" the intimidating employee said, paying no heed to hayoon.