nine

"i'm moving in with you."

"what the HELL?"

whoa, we need the backstory. 

flashback

"SOOJIN! QUICK, OH MY GOD!" the girl's grandpa yelled suddenly, completely out of nowhere as soojin jumped six feet in the air and hurriedly ran down the stairs, almost tripping over her ankles.

"YEAH! WHAT? GRAMPS?!" she asked, arriving in front of him out of breath and panicked. 

"READ THIS!" the old man shoved a piece of paper smack into her face as she cringed away and snatched it from his hands, eyes skimming over the paper.

her pupils widened as she let out a high shriek. "A BUSINESS PROMOTION? NO WAY." she yelled, jumping into her grandpa's arms as she freaked out and jumped up and down excitedly, trying to get her old man to celebrate.

"ARE YOU BLIND?!" he shouted over her fangirl screams. "WHAT DO YOU MEAN?!" the girl looked at him, aghast. "did you even READ the last bit?" her grandpa said, re-shoving the paper in her face.

soojin furrowed her eyebrows and looked closely at the paper. "job... to.. take place... in.. japan." 

"japan." the man said.

"japan." the girl repeated.

silence.

"WE'RE GOING TO FREAKING JAPAN?! HOLY SH- COW GRAMPS I-" soojin ear-piercingly yelled once again before the annoyed elder grumbled.

"NO, STUPID! I'M GOING! YOU'RE STAYING PUT." he shouted once again over her intensified screams. 

"wait, what?" she said, freezing mid-celebration as she stared at her grandpa. "i have to do this by myself, i'll be away for a month, so uh, i just needed to tell you that my flight leaves.."

the old man stuttered. "leaves...?" soojin repeated, cautiously.

"it may or may not leave uh, in two hours?" her grandpa cringed. 

silence pt 2.

"TWO HOURS? ARE YOU SERIOUS?" soojin burst, looking at her guardian aghast. "yes! yes i'm sorry i told you so late it slipped my mind-"

"how in the WORLD does this slip yo-"  I'M OLD, OKAY!" the two argued before the dawning realization of having to separate fell upon the two.

soojin pulled back and sighed, eyes hooded. "gramps, i'll miss you." she said, frowning. "i'm going to miss you too, soo. i already arranged a place for you to stay."

soojin snapped her neck up. "you WHAT? aren't i going to stay here?" 

the old man looked at her with the infamous '???' glance. "no? you're going to break your leg  tripping over the completely flat surface of the floor and then somehow break your arm trying to get to a phone, you think i can leave you alone anywhere?" he said, shaking his head. 

"hell no. i talked to mrs. lee awhile ago, the neighbours. they're willing to let you stay for them for awhile, isn't that sweet?" the grandpa said, smiling. 

soojin slammed her head against the wall.

end of flashback

"so that's what happened."

"this is SICKENING, how am i going to spend a whole MONTH with you?!" soojin whined, dropping her suitcases. "you think i WANT you here either? this is a lose-lose for both of us, dummy!" he rolled his eyes.