twenty two

3 DAYS LATER..

soojin adjusted her gear, flashlight in mouth.

"EW!" shrieked beomgyu, pointing at the equipment in between her teeth. "you don't know where that flashlight's been and the first thing you do is put it in your MOUTH?!"

"i didn't have anywhere else to put it!" soojin scorned.

from across the cave, seungmin let out a high-pitched squawking. "what the hell are you doing." deadpanned minho, covering sunoos ears.

"i'm trying to signal the bats in here."

"bats are freaking demons! did you know they're the most likely creatures to start a world pandemic in the future?" exclaimed jisung. "i read it off wikipedia. seemed pretty serious."

"...how does that even work." said minho.

"that's bullcrap. there's no such 'thing' as world pandemic." sunoo stuck his tongue out.

"what would YOU know, toddler!" jisung glared at the youngest.

"shut up! let me call my little bat friends in peace." seungmin whooped. minho, soojin and beomgyu rolled their eyes.

"gyu, hold my flashlight. i need to tighten this stupid belt thing." the female said, shoving the light source into the unsuspecting boy's hands.

"EW!" shrieked beomgyu for the second time, taking out everyone's eardrums. "that was literally just in your MOUTH!"

minho shot daggers at him. "do you ever shut up?" the annoyed boy said, taking soojin's flashlight from beomgyu. "i wouldn't mind if soojin's saliva was on this." he shrugged. "it's already been on my lips when we ki-"

"YOU! ARE! DISGUSTING!" shrieked soojin, removing the last bit of hearing everyone had before the neat freak's scream.

"you KISSED?!" the boy said, ghostly pale as if all the colour he'd had drained from his face.

"NO! i mean, yeah- BUT- it's not what you think like- when, scratch that it was like, like we did it to- it was to divert doklim from, from, from- you know!" rambled the red girl.

"no... i don't know." beomgyu whispered, shakily. "you guys are utterly..so. gross." he exhaled.

"SHUT UP! it wasn't like that!" yelled soojin, guaranteeing a certified permanent hearing loss for anyone around them.

minho snorted.

the girl spun around to look at him, eyes slit. "screw you."

"screw me? gladly."

"MNHG!" soojin let out a defeated, annoyed screech before walking away.

"ATTENTION! students of MUYIN HIGHSCHOOL!" a mic scquealed, letting out a feedback so horrid.

"ONCE you have FITTED ALL of your eqipment ACCORDINGLY, i want to follow MISTER BIN here. MISTER BIN? HELLO, MISTER BI-"

"i'm here!" the troubled teacher said, covering his ears. he looked reasonably young, maybe around 20 or 21.

"ooh, he's hot." a girl said from the crowd, getting muffled agreements and flirty giggles. soojin looked around, scoffing. "he's not even that goodlooking! seojun could do way better."

minho sighed. "glad you won't admit to the teacher's attraction but disappointed at the seojun follow-up."

soojin gave him the dirty eye.

mrs. ri tapped at the mic again. "OH! here he is, EVERYONE! mister bin will be your guide. i want you ALL to tag behind him and stay WITHIN HIS FIELD OF VISION at all times. YOU UNDERSTAND?" she spit into the mic.

"we understand." the group said, the front row mumbling weakly covered in saliva.

everyone shuffled to stand behind the overwhelmed mr. bin, soojin grabbing sunoo close to her so he didn't get lost within the pack. "uh.. uhm.. choose partners, everyone." the teacher said.

soojin smiled at sunoo. "partners!"

"i'm joining you guys." said seungmin, squeezing in between the two. "why? go partner with that girl you've been eyeing this entire time." soojin scorned.

"i TRIED!" he hissed. "i was walking over to her and her freaking buff boyfriend got in the way and was like 'aye dude, what you doin, bro?' and i nearly pissed myself! that's why i'm sheltering with you two." he explained.

sunoo and soojin shared a look. "coward." they shook their heads. "hey, it's the three s's again though!"

the trio high-fived each other. in the distance, beomgyu looked like he was about to cry after the boy-who-picked-his-nose-before-handing-him-a-pencil back in chapter 3 asked to be partners.

jisung ended up with the campus foodie who he had no problem with, he was pretty chill. and minho... minho got your worst nightmare.

yue xiaolin.

"oh. hello~ lee minho." said the girl, breaking her cold demeanor once she saw who she got and stood next to him. "soojin's friend, right?"

minho stared down at her, expressionless. "yeah."

"nice!" she said, linking her arms with his and leaning into him.

the boy looked irked.

"i know, i might seem so rude at first, but that's only with soojin. our little secret. i never really liked her, not even at roommate choos-"

"hold on, and why are you telling me all this?" he raised an eyebrow at her.

"we're going to be friends, right? we need to be completely truthful with each other!" she batted her eyelashes.

"so.. after she saved you from literal death, you still don't like her?"

"yup~!"

"so why are you still bothering to be her friend?"

"free food."

minho inhaled.

soojin looked back at jisung and beomgyu, noticing minho and saw his arms linked with xiaolin; no objection to the girl cozying up into his side. her eyes widened.

the boy looked up, seeing the girl's big eyes at him. he snickered, quietly. "chill, i like you only." he mouthed, seeing soojin go fifty shades of red and glare at him before snapping her head away.

"what was that?" the girl beside him looked up. "oh, nothing. just telling soojin you were going to pay her back."

"what?! but i never-"

"yes you did? don't you remember? are you stupid or what?" minho gaslighted the shorter girl, bombarding her with accusatory questions.

"um.. maybe i did mention that. i'll leave her some money i guess. only because you said so." she said, smiling as if she just single-handedly ended world poverty.

"yeah, you go do that." minho poked his tongue into his cheek, looking straight ahead.

"off we go, class!" mister bin announced, ending rollcall and finally taking the group diving into the cave.

a/n yall i wrote this on a laptop it was so convenient