nineteen

"..."

"yeo seojun? are you kidding me?" minho groaned, the rest of the boys rolling their eyes.

"shut it!" soojin scorned. "seojun's hot." the girl said in a swoon, sighing dreamily. "hot my ass." mumbled the boy, inaudibly. 

soojin chose to ignore his comment. "so! do i look manly enough?" she flexed her nonexistent biceps, modeling in every angle possible.

"sure.." jisung said, rubbing his neck as he cringed. 

"great! let's go." she declared, grabbing sunoo's hand who was closest and navigating her way to the staircase that lead up to the rooms. the boys ran to catch up. 

"just to make it clear, we are NOT in this plan. we genuinely believe that you look like a boy." beomgyu deadpanned, halting in his tracks as the rest of the gang nodded their heads in quick agreement. "if we get caught, this'll make me look like an idiot." seungmin mumbled. 

"my little seungmin, don't doubt my acting skills." soojin ahoyed, putting a hand on the railing to make her way upstairs. 

the girl looked up and jogged.

 "why does it smell so.. different?" she gagged, standing in the middle of the elevating ground.

"did you expect it to smell like babies and flowers?" seungmin hollered from the beginning of the staircase. "no! but i didn't expect it to smell THIS shit." soojin shot.

beomgyu rolled his eyes. "girls. expectations are always SO high." 

"it's not a high expectation to smell flipping DECENT." she gave him the dirty eye. "sunoo smells the nicest." she awed, squeezing the tiny boys hand. 

minho scoffed. "aren't you the one getting all cozy in MY sweater? with MY scent?"

"you basically held me a gunpoint to wear this, dumbshit." the girl deadpanned. she turned a corner to finally arrive at the boys division, instantly smacking right into someone who aimed to sneak downstairs.

the two both pulled away, holding their heads and groaning. soojin kept her gaze fixed on the floor to not raise any suspicion.

"yo, sorry my dude." the guy said, holding out his hand towards the girl (?).

she panicked for a second, looking behind her eyes wide. "what the flip does this guy want?" she mouthed to the boys who stared in horror.

she turned back around and grabbed the boy's hand, shaking it. "ahem, no problem." she replied in a deep voice.

the boy looked down at her. "nah, you old-fashioned? c'mon man, it's a bro-hug!" the guy said, pulling her closer by the hand, touching shoulders and engaging in a bro-hug.

soojin instantly played along, smiling awkwardly under her cap. "aha, yeah! .. bro!" she sweat.

the boy paused. "wait a minute."

"why do you have boobs?"

soojin's eyes widened as she burnt red, completely heating up. in a swift second, minho has climbed up the entirety of the staircase and grabbed soojin's hand, looking straight into the boy's eyes. "he just works out." he deadpanned, tugging the girl along with him as the rest of the gang hurriedly ran past the confused male. 

"maybe i should start working out," he muttered, looking at the group as he shrugged and continued his journey downstairs. 

"see! i told you something would go wrong! we almost got busted." seungmin said, speed-walking. 

"when did you say that?! you were just doubting my acting skills!" soojin said, shooting a glare at him as she continued to speed-walk along the others.

"it was an internal thought." he groaned. "do you seriously not know what a bro-hug is?!"

"no? it sounds and looks stupid." she rolled her eyes. the boys reached their shared room and jisung fumbled with the keys, males + fake male flooding in once the door had successfully been knocked aside. 

soojin collapsed onto a couch. "never again." she deadpanned. "embarrassing..."

"you're gonna have to go back downstairs too." beomgyu chirped, ruining the situation even more. "i know that, mr. clean." the girl glared.

sunoo pouted. "it's nothing to be embarrassed about. i'll protect you!" he smiled, clapping.

 the girl just about burst into tears. 

"SUNOO is a real one. i hate you all." she stuck her tongue out at the gang, earning a collective middle finger in return. 

"now, turn on the tv and put on a movie. i'm sick of nature." jisung said, draping himself over the sofa as the others nodded in agreement. 

+

"i'm stuffed." moaned jisung, rubbing his stomach as littered popcorn kernels surrounded his area. "me too." sunoo whined.

"i told you losers to calm down with the food." beomgyu said, wiping his mouth daintily with a kerchief after switching off the television. 

squirrelboy gave the dirty eye towards the younger. soojin got up and stretched, finally taking off her cap and shaking her hair, combing it back with her fingers. "that felt stuffy."

the boys all followed her actions, stretching to get rid of the drowsiness. 

"tomorrow is when we have to do actual physical activity." seungmin said, kicking an empty can. "im dreading it."

"same." minho yawned. "i'm gonna go take a nap, see ya." he saluted, walking off into the bunk-beds. 

"you know what, me too." soojin said, quickly taking after the boy and making sure to slam into his shoulder when she passed him.

"watch it, turtle!"

the girl stuck her tongue out an made her way into the bedrooms, just to discover there was one room with multiple bunkers in it. 

minho arrived at the doorframe too, looking at the singular room. 

"why aren't there two rooms?" soojin scratched her head, looking around. "don't know." the boy said, taking up a space in a bottom bunk almost immediately. 

"hey! i was gonna make you sleep in the living room." soojin shot, frowning. 

minho turned to look at her with the famous '???' expression. "mf this is my dorm?" 

"i'm the guest." she cocked. 

"you already live in my own house, dummy. what more do you want from me." the boy deadpanned.

"don't worry! by the end of this field trip, grandpa's gonna be home." soojin said, happily as she walked over to a bunk.

the girl sighed. "don't stare at me when i sleep."

"you're just reaching. why would i do that?" minho rolled his eyes, laying onto his back.

"don't know. you're creepy like that." soojin said, casually roasting. soojin hesitantly laid down on her side, snuggling into sunoo's bed covers. she turned over to switch off the light and pulled the blanket up, allowing the sleepiness to engulf her. 

"now shut up, lino. i'm going to try to get some rest." she said, mumbling. 

"bold of you to assume i'd want to speak to you." he scoffed, shutting his eyelids. 

"mm." came a response from the other side, signalling that the owner was now sound asleep.

"..."

"not that i'd mind speaking to you all night." the boy mumbled into his pillow, red as he drifted away.