eight

"OH MY GOD, OH MY GOD! IT TOUCHED ME!" beomgyu ear-piercingly shrieked, taking out the entire friend group's eardrums. "NO?? YOU TOUCHED IT," soojin yelled over beomgyu's wails as he distanced his finger away as far as possible from him as if it literally wasn't his own limb. 

"i need... i need.. hand sanitizer.. right now." the boy whispered shakily, seemingly as if the world was ending. 

"yah, you're so dramatic. it's only a frog." sunoo groaned, rolling his eyes shadily at the elder's antics. "ONLY A FROG?!" beomgyu repeated.

 minho dug (annoyed) into his bag and pulled out a bottle of hand sanitizer, squeezing half of it's contents furiously over beomgyu's finger while 3/4 of it completely missed.

"you're wasting hand sanitizer! what if there's like, a world pandemic in the future?" jisung complained. 

the friends were on the highschool campus, camped out in the garden where nobody really bothered to go. they (they, meaning the one and only seungmin) reclaimed the garden as theirs so it became the sole hangout spot. 

 minho, the tsundere little grump didn't acknowledge himself as part of the friend group but we all know they (mostly sunoo and probably not at all soojin) loved him.

"the hand sanitizer chemicals are going to like, absorb into the grass! what if it kills the bugs who live on here?" seungmin exclaimed worriedly, bending down to check up on the grass.

"why do you care?" minho questioned, unamused.

 seungmin snapped his head up at him scornfully. "would YOU want to have a sticky, burning, nasty and strong oozing LIQUID seeping its way into your EYEBALLS?" he said. 

you see here, seungmin was a huge animal lover. jisung was the all around nut, beomgyu the neat-freak, sunoo the cute lil' admirer that always looked up to his elders, soojin the energetic and cheerful happy-go-lucky and of course, we have the stupid grouch that throws everything off. you love him, though.

minho cringed as the infamous '????' expression crossed over.

 "okay guys, listen." soojin announced.

"us, the zoo, RIGHT after school." she suggested excitedly, leaning on a tree. 

"WAIT YEAH! i'll go, i don't have anything to do." sunoo affirmed almost immediately. seungmin gasped in adoration. "the.. zoo?! heck yeah?!" he clapped excitedly.

"i'll go too." beomgyu said, raising his hand. "there's going to be frogs, mr. clean." jisung warned/teased. "can you NOT?" the poor boy whined and smacked jisung's shoulder. 

"i think i have time maybe, i'll tag along." squirrelboy laughed. soojin squealed watching everyone agree to her plan. 

"no." a voice deadpanned. 

the friend group groaned out loud in utter annoyance. 

"why you always gotta ruin our fun?" sunoo stomped. 

"what's so interesting about seeing animals in a cage?" minho asked, irked. 

"they're cute! except not the uh, cage part." soojin reasoned. "yah, come on." sunoo whined, clinging onto his arm longingly. minho gagged. 

"i'll pay for your food, just c'mon this one time." seungmin pleaded. the boy raised an eyebrow. "all my food?" he questioned.

"yes!" he promised.

minho negotiated for a second. "fine. just this once."

+

the friend group stood at the line at the ticket booth after school, bags, cameras and snacks all ready. sunoo and seungmin couldn't contain their excitement and squealed every five seconds.