― chapter 13.

❝ keep my name out of your mouth or i'll make sure you won't go running it

❝ keep my name out of your mouth or i'll make sure you won't go running it. ❞

FOR THE NEXT FEW WEEKS, Ayane and Miguel both trained their asses off.

Outside of karate, they were the most perfect couple you would see. They went on dates, they had hundreds of pictures together, and they even memorized most of the things the other liked.

But when they left for karate, they became mortal enemies.

Johnny had banned Ayane from coming to Cobra Kai during training hours, which left a big gap in her afternoons. He did not want her to learn all of Miguel's moves, naturally.

So Ayane occupied her time by doing cardio, lifting weights, anything she could to get in shape. Mr. LaRusso had made it clear to her the importance of this tournament. And Ennis wanted her to win, so that's what Ayane would do.

The only outlying problem between Miguel and Ayane was that she had not told her parents about him.

"Are they really that bad?" Miguel asked her as they walked into school together.

Ayane shot him a look, laughing dryly.

"They're... pretty extreme. But I know how important it is to you, so here's what I've decided to do."

They stopped at her locker, Miguel listening to Ayane's plan.

"I want you to come over for dinner on Sunday. That's my dad's off day. I'm not going to mention that we're dating, though. I'll wait for either my mom or dad to ask and if they do, then I'll tell them."

Miguel narrowed his eyes. "And if they don't?"

Ayane shut her locker. "Then... I'll come up with another plan."

The Diaz boy sighed, following Ayane through the hall. He caught up with her, giving her a look. "Okay. Dinner on Sunday. Wow- I'm kinda nervous."

She looked up at him, smiling softly.

"You have no reason to be. Well- that might be a lie."

His eyes widened, then Ayane quickly continued, "Anyway. It'll be fine. The worst thing they can do is shun me for the rest of my life. It's not like they can do anything to you. Legally."

Her words were making Miguel more anxious by the second, and Ayane could see that.

She stopped, grabbing his hands and looking up into his eyes.