― chapter 35.

❝ i was never here

❝ i was never here. ❞

"WHERE'S AYANE?" Mr. LaRusso asked, back at Miyagi-Do.

Robby and Sam exchanged looks, shrugging.

"I texted her over an hour ago but she didn't reply," Robby said. "I haven't seen her all morning."

Daniel placed his hands on his hips, wondering if he should be worried.

"We should give her some more time," Sam suggested, "maybe she just isn't feeling well and she's up in her room, still."

Mr. LaRusso pursed his lips. "Why don't you go check?"

Sam nodded curtly, jogging off and following the path to her house. She walked inside and went upstairs, stopping at the door to Ayane's room. It was cracked, so Sam slowly pushed it open.

"Ayane?" she said in a soft voice, finally peering inside. Ayane was not there.

Sighing, Sam left and went back to the dojo.

"She's not there," Sam reported with a frown, pulling out her phone. She sent a text to Ayane, awaiting a response.

"Can't we just go on without her?" Demetri asked, wiping sweat from his forehead. It was excruciatingly hot today.

Daniel drew in a breath. "I guess we'll have to. Alright everyone, today you're going to get to experience something called Shochu-Geiko."

"Like the car insurance?" Chris asked, frowning.

"No," Daniel shook his head. Before he could explain further, Ayane came running through the gates.

She stopped as she got to Mr. LaRusso, placing her hands on her knees and catching her breath.

"I'm here," Ayane panted. "I'm here."

Daniel looked over at her with a frown on his face.

"Ayane, where have you been? We were starting to get worried about you."

She breathed for a moment longer, then straightened up and began to explain.

However, one of the ex-Cobra Kais spoke up, saying, "Hey, she was with Cobra Kai!"

He was looking down at his phone, then showed his phone to someone else. It began circulating through the group, and Ayane's heart dropped.