― chapter 28.

❝ are you fucking serious right now? ❞

AFTER THE RULES HAD BEEN explained to everyone participating in laser tag, Ayane turned to Miguel excitedly.

"So you're telling me... I get to shoot people? This is fuckin' awesome!"

Miguel laughed. "I told you you're gonna love it. Ready?"

"Uh, yeah," Ayane replied, nodding with a toothy smile.

"You're team green," the teenager pointed at Ayane, "you're team blue." He pointed at Miguel.

They both quickly looked at each other and Ayane began to grin even wider whilst Miguel shook his head.

"Great," he sighed with a mocking eye roll.

Before Miguel could say anything else, the game started and Ayane disappeared into the dark arena.

He quickly ran after her but Ayane managed to shake him off. Miguel took cover to avoid getting shot by any other kids on the green team.

Ayane, meanwhile, was shooting people left and right. They didn't even stand a chance when they approached her, whether from the front or the back. She was having the time of her life.

Miguel managed to snag a few people, finding places to hide and stake out.

After a few minutes of not being able to find Ayane, Miguel was starting to get a little hopeless. He seemed to have found everyone but her.

Then, on an overhead intercom a voice announced, "Attention all players: one player from each team remains."

Miguel glanced around, then looked down at his vest. It was still blue, so he was still in. And, if he had to guess, the other player was Ayane.

He chanced leaving his little hideout, running through the arena and running past kids with their vests colored red.

Ayane, on the other hand, had been keeping watch of Miguel for the past ten minutes. She had a foolproof plan to win.

She waited in one spot until Miguel showed up. Smirking, Ayane jumped out of her spot and pushed Miguel into a corner, immediately smashing her lips against his.

Before Miguel even had time to react, Ayane took her little laser gun and put it against Miguel's abdomen, pulling the trigger.