― chapter 33.

❝ once a cobra kai, always a cobra kai

❝ once a cobra kai, always a cobra kai. ❞

MR. LARUSSO CAME RUSHING over to the teenagers as soon as he got home.

They were sitting at the kitchen table discussing the fight, aside from Demetri.

"Hey, hey, Amanda told me what happened. Are you guys alright? What happened?"

They all nodded. "Yeah dad." Sam explained, "They were gonna hurt Demetri. We had to do something. I hope you aren't mad at us."

Daniel quickly shook his head. "What? No, no- I'm just glad you're alright."

He looked pointedly at Ayane and Robby. "And you two. I'm glad you're a part of this family."

Ayane smiled warmly, glancing down at the table. Mr. LaRusso noticed Demetri just then, sitting alone in the other room.

"Ah..." Daniel walked away.

Ayane looked to Sam and Robby. "You think he's okay?" she asked, frowning a little.

Sam shrugged. "He didn't get hurt. They just roughed him up. They might've done worse if you weren't there."

Ayane sighed, resting her chin on her hand.

"I wish it wasn't like that though," she replied. "I wish Demetri could kick their asses on his own. Just one good time."

Robby laughed a little. "Who knows, maybe he will some day. It takes practice, right?"

She pursed her lips, leaning back in her chair.

"Yeah. Yeah, you're right." Ayane stood up, going up to her room to text Miguel.

He was being unusually dry with her, however, until Ayane finally dialed his number and called him.

"Hello?" He picked up after a moment.

"Hi," she said, rolling over to lay on her back. Ayane noted his slightly irritated tone. "So why are you being drier than the Sahara?"

Miguel paused on the other end for a moment. "I saw what you did to Hawk. His face."

Ayane's smile faltered a little. "Oh. That. Well honestly Mig, he deserved it. He and the other Cobra Kais came to the mall and started harassing Demetri and me."