― chapter 31.

❝ why don't you get over yourself? ❞

DEMETRI DID NOT QUITE understand Mr. LaRusso's method, and he had a lot of complaints about it.

Ayane found it amusing, as that seemed to be the case for just about everyone. Even she had gotten frustrated with Daniel when she first started her training.

She dropped another can of paint at Demetri's feet, smiling a little.

"Make sure you're going up and down," Ayane said, unable to help but smirk.

Demetri looked at her with irritation on his face.

"How, exactly, is this supposed to be teaching me karate?"

Ayane laughed, clapping his shoulder. "Don't worry. It's all worth it in the end."

She walked away, getting a text from Miguel just then. Ayane sent him a text back, then went to find Mr. LaRusso.

Daniel seemed to be having a hard time with Demetri, which was no surprise to her.

"Mr. LaRusso?" she called, walking over to them.

"I'm gonna head out for a bit, if that's okay."

Daniel nodded. "Yeah, that's fine."

Then, Demetri said, "Let me guess, you're going to see Miguel?"

Ayane looked down at Demetri, who was supposed to be sanding the deck.

"Aren't you supposed to be sanding?"

She turned and walked away, out of the backyard. Ayane was going to have to find a different means of transportation other than walking soon, because it was getting tiring.

Ayane got to the restaurant and walked in, finding a bunch of the other Cobra Kais in there as well. She was surprised they had not harassed her, honestly.

Miguel was sitting at a table with his phone in front of him. Ayane walked up from behind him, covering his eyes.

"You have one chance to guess who it is or you die."

"Hmm... the voice sounds a lot like Darth Vader, if you ask me."

She laughed, sitting down in front of him. "Darth Vader, huh? What brings you to that conclusion?"