― chapter 38.

❝ i'm not playing your games tonight

❝ i'm not playing your games tonight. ❞

WHEN AYANE WOKE UP the next morning, she was still pissed at Robby.

He had no business being in her business, and he should have known that.

Ayane checked the time and saw that it was extremely early, barely six in the morning. She tried to go back to sleep but unfortunately, had too much on her mind.

So Ayane got up and changed, putting on her athletic clothes and tennis shoes and grabbing her earbuds to go for a run.

Daniel and Amanda were the only other ones awake, but they just went about their business.

Ayane put on her music and began running around the block. She was currently channeling all of her frustration and trying to get rid of it with cardio, but Ayane knew that method never worked.

She got back to the LaRusso's out of breath, going to the kitchen and grabbing a bottle of water.

Miyagi-Do students began showing up not too long after, and Robby and Sam began to warm them up.

Robby did not acknowledge Ayane, and she completely ignored him. If he said anything to her, Ayane figured she might just knock him into the koi pond.

After Ayane got done teaching Demetri a hook kick, she gravitated toward the punching bag and began doing what she did best; hitting her frustration out.

"What did that punching bag do to you?"

Ayane paused, looking over to see Sam. She halted the punching bag, catching her breath.

"I heard it was talking shit about me," Ayane replied sarcastically, smiling briefly.

Sam laughed, twisting her fingers together.

"Robby told me... that he had pissed you off last night. I'm sorry. I don't think he meant anything by it other than the fact that he just doesn't like Miguel."

Ayane wiped sweat from her face, placing her hands on her hips.

"Yeah, well- I think Robby should just keep his thoughts to himself next time."

Sam made a face, glancing down for a moment.

"I talked to him. I think he should have something to say to you," Sam finally said, looking up with a small smile.