Chapter 21: Saying Goodbye to the Past and Hello to the Future

(And this, ladies and gentleman, marks the chapter you've all been waiting for! Phoenix and Miles finally get together! More or less. We also get an unexpected, but magical appearance from a certain magician! I hope you enjoy! Also, anyone else see the name changes for the Great Ace Attorney? I'm dying at how hilarious and kind of stupid it is!)

(Miles's POV)

Miles' Home, Guest Bedroom

January 28th, 2:05 AM

                   Well, that was a party. Phoenix, Larry, Lang, and Gumshoes got drunk, so the Professor, Maya, Kay, and I took them home to rest. By home, I mean my house. Raymond was able to get the rest of the kids home. Klavier and Sebastian went their shared apartment since Sebastian is staying with us. Kay and Raymond stayed with me as Maya returned to her village. We decided to let Larry, Gumshoes, and Phoenix stay at my place until the morning. I made sure Makoto and his friends went home safely. Franziska went to her room in my house. Everyone else who was not from here went to a hotel. Then, I lead Phoenix to the guest room.

"Haha! I cross examined a parrot to save you" Phoenix said in a drunken mannered as I sighed.

"Yes, you did" I answered him as I glanced to see Mr. Shields on the couch with Larry and Gumshoes while Kay made her way to her bedroom.

I sighed as I carried Phoenix to the bedroom and let him rest there until he grabs my hand.

"Phoenix, it is really late. We both have work tomorrow. Come on, let's rest" I tried to say in a placid manner and tried to get my hand back from him.

This is rather annoying, but his hand is oddly strong and soft. A contrast to my hands which are gentle and hard. Regardless, Phoenix and I need our rest! We can hang out again tomorrow.

"No... I have to tell you something... Before you leave another note!" he wailed as he gripped my hand tighter.

The note... It really affected him that much... I really shouldn't have done that to him of all people.

"Phoenix. I won't do that again. I won't leave a note like that again. I'll come to you in person and let you know I am leaving and when I am returning" I reassured him as I tried to pull my hand back.

However, he is much stronger than I thought. As I was distracted with my hand, a drunken Phoenix kissed my cheek! My face heated up as I pulled back with more force that I knew I had to place my hands over my face.

"I had to do that before you leave! Don't want any regrets and what ifs! Haha... Ha..." Phoenix said as he then collapsed on the guest bed and began to snore.

I.... am really saddled with unnecessary feelings! I left the room and went into my personal bedroom and tried to sleep. However, I soon realized this was going to be a long night for I couldn't forget the feeling of his soft lips against my cheek. That man... I can't believe him!

Miles' Home, Living Room

January 28th, 11: 24 AM

I woke up rather late from the restless sleep and found Kay chatting with Mr. Shields. Larry and Gumshoes were gone. Thank goodness for that. Wait, who cooked breakfast?

"Miles!" Franziska shouted from the kitchen.

Ah, that makes sense.

She glared at me as she stated, "You are taking care of a child! You need more food to help her!"

Well, she is not wrong, but I just came back and I haven't been home in ages! Before I could snap at her, I heard a groan coming from the guest room. Right, that man hasn't left yet...