Chapter 27: Unexpected but Expected

(Apollo and Makoto team up! Though, out of all the Ace Attorney games, I am really surprised Phoenix has only been charged with murder twice. No one will ever beat Maya though! That being said, I really wanted to write a trial for Makoto, and I am so glad I could! Enjoy!)

(Apollo's POV)

Wright and Co Law Offices, Main Lobby

June 18th, 8:00 AM

                        I was already at the office. I decided to get here early considering Mr. Wright has to take care of Trucy and Makoto and Maya have school. I took a nice sip of my coffee as I looked over the case files. I can't believe the Acting Chief Prosecutor is being this nitpicking with these files, but I understand why. His father was lost to the First Dark Age of Law and they lost their bosses to it as well. Hm, maybe I am overthinking things, but I wonder if there is a reason Mr. Wright and Mr. Edgeworth want to double check these files. Nope, I'm overthinking this.

"Apollo!" Trucy and Makoto shouted as they rushed into the office.

That's unexpected. Those two should be in school. Did something happen?

"What's wrong?" I asked them worriedly.

"There's no time! We need to go!" Trucy said seriously as she pulled us after her.

Something happened, but I don't know what that is. We were heading towards the Detention Center.

Detention Center, Visitor's Room

June 18th, 8:12 AM

"MR. WRIGHT?!" I shouted loudly in complete disbelief.

"How did this happen?" Makoto asked nervously as we looked at our boss behind bars!

"Ah, don't worry. This is actually the second time I've been in jail. Nothing to worry about. Oh, and I'm innocent. I just happened to be there at the wrong time" Mr. Wright said in an oddly calm manner.

"Sigh, you worried Uncle Edgeworth! He was making phone calls!" Trucy said seriously as she crossed her arms over her chest in a disapproving manner.

"Sorry about that, Trucy. At least he took care of you, so I'm not worried" Mr. Wright said in relief, "Also, I have two great lawyers who are ready to go and take my case"

Apollo and I shouted in complete disbelief as Mr. Wright held a smile on his face. This was not how I thought my first case would be.

"Makoto can be the lead lawyer while Apollo watches and learn from the luckiest lawyer we have! Also, don't worry about the prosecution, according to Miles, he said he's already picked him and his partner" Mr. Wright reassured us.

I honestly don't know how to feel that my boss is arrested for a crime and that the Acting Chief Prosecutor is helping him. Wait, what crime is our boss charged with?

"Ah, right. It's murder again" Mr. Wright said so calmly.

"Murder!?" Makoto and I exclaimed.

"Again?" Trucy asked with a head tilt.

"I'll tell you about that case another day. For now, you have to head to People's Park and get ready to investigate it. Also, please take Trucy with you. Miles already told the school she wouldn't be coming in today, so someone has to watch her" Mr. Wright explained as I just kind of gave up at this point.

I sighed as Trucy nodded her head.

"Alright then! Don't worry about us, daddy. We'll solve the case and get you out of there as soon as we can!" Trucy said determinedly as her hands on her hips.