Chapter 13: Fey Family Fault

(In the spirit of Thanksgiving and being thankful, I was able to finish one more chapter. So, thank you all for reading and enjoying this! As thanks, you'll get two chapters today! As well as a bunch of character introductions! Who's ready for season 2 to rock?!) 

(Phoenix's POV)

Kurian Village, Fey Manor

January 21st, 12: 45 AM

              I couldn't believe it. Chief is really gone... How can that be? We just lost Prosecutor Diego. Miles is gone now as well. This just isn't right!

"Mr. Wright!" Makoto shouted as he, Iris, and Pearls entered the manor.

All three of them looked in a panic. How can I even explain to them what happened? Chief was found dead with a green sword sticking out of her back. And then, there is Maya. I am sure she didn't actually kill her big sister. They were so close! Iris stepped towards me with a worried look on her face.

"Are you going to take Maya's defense?" Iris whispered nervously as she tried to keep the kids away from this news.

Also, Iris seemed very nervous about this as well. I can only assume it is because of the family issue here. Well, chief taught me everything I know. She was my mentor. Of course, I am going to defend her little sister!

"Yeah, I plan to. Though, I am not sure how to tell them the news" I whispered back to her.

She shook her head as Detective Gumshoes made his way over to us. He lowered his head and tried to join in on our conversation.

"Can I do anything to help you? I mean, you did help me out a lot, pal" he said as Iris stood behind me.

"Where is Maya? I want to be her Defense Attorney. Something is up" I asked the detective seriously.

"At the Detention Center as usual. I'll phone in and let them know you're going to meet with the accused Maya Fey" he said with a grin as we heard a gasp from behind us.

We slowly turned around to see little Pearl looking very scared as Makoto tried his best to comfort her.

"We also have one more problem. Hagakure ran out of here and towards the square" Makoto said hesitantly.

Well, one of us has to go after him.

"I know my home better than anyone. I'll search for him. Please take Pearl with you and meet with Mystic Maya" Iris pleaded as I nodded my head.

"I'll drive you. Let's go!" Detective Gumshoes shouted as he rushed towards his car.

"Makoto stay with Pearls and come with me. We are all going to see Maya" I said to them.

Makoto held Pearl's hand as we ran after the Detective.

Detention Center, Visitor's Room

January 21st 1:30 AM

We arrived in the Detention Center to find Maya looking very glum and tired. She was trying to not cry. As for me, I still can't believe chief is really gone.

"Miss Fey are you ok? Can you tell us what happened?" Makoto asked gently as Pearls looked up at her.

"Mystic Maya! Why are they doing this to you?!" she wailed as Makoto tried his best to calm her down.

Maya didn't look like she wanted to talk about it. How can I help them with this? Makoto accidentally bumped into me as he tried to calm down little Pearl. My attorney's badge and Magatama fell out of my pocket. Maya and Pearl were both shocked to see it. I picked it up and held it out for them to see.