Chapter 8: The Von Karma Truth Part 2

(I don't know why the text is bold, but whatever. Here is the second part of the finale to season 1! I hope everyone will enjoy this! I really wanted to add in Investigations 2 characters, because I feel like they would've played a huge part in all of this. I love Raymond Shields and, I swear to gods, if anything else happens to him, I'm going to riot. He has been through so much! Well, enjoy!)

District Court House, Outside Courtroom 1

December 26th, 8:55 AM

(Phoenix's POV)

               I came here early to make sure I wasn't late for this. I looked all of my evidence and made sure I had a plan of attack. I have to be ready for anything.

"Mr. Wright!" Makoto greeted as he walked towards me.

"Phoenix!" chief and Gumshoes said as they approached me.

"Are you all set for today's trial?" chief asked calmly.

"I think so. I have all my evidence together as well as my statements ready to go. What are you going to do, chief?" I asked her curiously.

She just smiled as she reassured me, "Don't worry, Phoenix. Makoto will be with you at the bench. I have my plan ready to go as well. All you have to do is believe in your client and find the truth"

She's right. I just have to stay focused. I am sure I can handle this. Just then, Kyoko walked in with Miles. He looked very scared and worried. Why is he worried? Well, I am just as scared as he is.

"Hey, Miles! Don't worry! I am going to do everything I can to save you! I promise!" I said as I flashed him my brightest smile as all lawyers should.

He was surprised by this as he could only nod his head in reply. Kyoko then took him into the courtroom. I am going to save you, Miles. I promised that a long time ago. Just then, the doors to entrance burst open. Reporters were rushing in as they cleared the way for an old man. He wore the same frilly thing as Miles. He wore a gray and blue suit as he walked in with his case files and cane.

"Ah, you must be the foolish defense attorney who thought he could save the guilty man" he said as he approached us.

I felt tense as he then laughed.

"What's so funny?" I asked him seriously.

"I now know this trial will be an easy victory for me. I wasn't aware that you studied under that horrible defense attorney, Mia Fey. Well, she is better than that defense attorney with the foolish looking fedora. You're a fool to even come against me, Manfred Von Karma, The God of Prosecutors!" he declared as he slammed his cane on the ground.

I suddenly felt very intimidated by him! I could feel the fear and guilt rising in me! What is he doing?!

"We will have to see about that!" Makoto shouted as his voice cracked a bit, and he stood in front of me, "Mr. Wright hasn't lost a case yet! That makes him undefeated! Who knows? Maybe he will defeat you here, today!"

The fear and guilty slowly left me. Just what was that? I have never felt anything like before. I am grateful Makoto did something to break me out of that fear lock. I would've too afraid to face him in court. I wonder if that is why he always wins. I better be careful of that.

"Tch. Don't be a fool, child. I have never lost a case in forty years. There is no way that rookie defense attorney could ever break that record. The only one who dare tried that is now dead" Prosecutor Manfred said with a snarl as I heard chief tense up at that remark, "I shall see you and your defeat in court, you foolish excuse of a defense attorney"