Chapter 23: Investigating a Corrupt Crime Scene

(Few things about this game and chapter, one) Ema! I couldn't believe they added Ema into their backstory! That was so cool! We do see Ema grow up and achieve her dream! I can't believe that! That is so cool to see! Along with all the Easter eggs they hide in the game as well. Not to mention how much this trial really impacted both Phoenix and Miles! Also, I know! A new episode of WandaVision came out with the best boy! Argh! I have to wait until 7 to watch it! Well, enjoy!) 

(Miles's POV)

Prosecutor's Building, Room 1202

February 2nd, 12:11 PM

               It really should not surprise me that my office is the scene of the crime. It was only a matter of time really. So, there is a white body outline on the ground, my wonderful chess board is knocked on the ground, everything I love is scattered on the floor, and blood is stained on the ground!

"Wow. I am glad that this is not my office" Phoenix said with a nod of his head.

Why do I love this man again? I gave him a cold glare as he just smiled at me. Sigh, well, we need to get to work, solve this case, and save my boss.

"So, where is Detective Gumshoes?" Phoenix asked curiously as he looked at the scene of the crime.

"He should be here any minute" I said as tapped my foot against the wooden floor.

As if on cue, Detective Gumshoes burst through the doors of my office.

"Sorry sir! The chief of police was trying to conduct a really through examination of all our files! I am ready to work, sir!" he shouted as he saluted to me.

Sigh. Well, we better get to work then. We need to find the culprit behind this case and save my boss. Detective Gumshoes carefully looked at the scene closely and checked over everything Phoenix and I already know. I just remembered! The girls!

"Phoenix! The girls! We need someone to be with them!" I said seriously.

Phoenix's eyes were wide in horror as he recalled Trucy. He then got an idea.

"We can have your friends look after them! Klavier and his best friend!" Phoenix said urgently.

Yes, yes! Those two are not handling any important cases. I can get them to watch over Trucy and Kay before anything bad happens to them. I took out my phone as I stepped aside. I was soon in a group call with Klavier and Sebastian.

"Guten Tag, Herr Edgeworth!" Klavier greeted warmly.

"Hello! Prosecutor Edgeworth! How can I help you?" Sebastian said loudly.

"I need the two of you to pick up Kay and Trucy at their schools and have them stay with you until further notice" I said seriously.

The two prosecutors were surprised about this until Klavier said in delight, "But of course! I will be the best guard to them! I'll get the little magician! Herr Conductor can get his girlfriend! Ciao!"

With that Prosecutor Gavin hung up, Sebastian wailed as he said his goodbyes and reassured me that he would take care of Kay. I have a talk with Kay and Sebastian later, right now, we need to solve this case.

"There isn't anything new here, Miles" Phoenix informed me as Detective Gumshoes was looking over everything.

That's troubling. We haven't found anything deceive.

"Prosecutor Edgeworth!" Detective Gumshoes shouted loudly as he slammed his head against my desk.

"Please be careful, Detective Gumshoes. What did you find?" I asked cautiously.