Chapter 40: A Serene Ending

(Later today, I'll add the final chapter, but yahoo! We did it! The conclusion to the first book! Wow! This was a long one and definitely one of the hardest stories I've ever had to write for. Writing court cases and making crime scenes is not as easy as it sounds. Either way! Let's enjoy a wedding!)

(Phoenix's POV)

District Courthouse, Outside Courtroom Number 2

July 20th, 8:30 AM

                Ah! I didn't realize how nerve wracking the actual day of the wedding is going to be! Ah! Everyone decided to wear their outfits from the party at Hope's Peak's Academy. Thoough, I wore a white tuxedo with a red rose on it.

"Nick calm down! If you do not, I will channel Mia and have her knock some sense into you!" Maya shouted as she fixed up my tie and attorney's badge, "What reason do you have to be nervous?!"

"I'm sorry... It is just... Miles is so great... I don't know if I am good enough for him and his family!" I shouted to her as I began to cry in both delight and worry.

"Oh, my gods, Nick! He proposed to you! He loves you! After everything you have been through, of course he's going to marry you!" Maya reassured me, "Seriously, you have nothing to worry about!"

"She's right, daddy! Papa loves you!" Trucy exclaimed in delight.

"I know, but I am worried" I confessed to my daughter and my best friend, "After all, I am just me"

"You worry too much!" Maya said with a grin, "This is going to be the best day of your life! Besides adopting Trucy and taking over Mia's law firm!"

I grinned at Maya. She always knew what to say. I nodded my head at her. Alright, come on, Phoenix! You've got this! This is your wedding day! You're finally going to marry the love of your life!

"Ah! My little Phoenix!" my mother shouted as she rushed towards us.

She wore a blue kimono and had her black hair flowing as a blue flower was pinned to the side. She had blue eyes and was a bit shorter than me. She looked revealed.

"Hi grandma!" Trucy said with a grinned as she hugged her.

"Hello, my little magician! Sorry for almost being late! I was held up in traffic! Well, I am here! Are you ready?!" she asked in delight as I grinned at her.

"Yes, I am ready to marry the love of my life, mom" I answered with a grin.

(Miles's POV)

District Courthouse, Courtroom Number 2

July 20th, 8:32 AM

"Make sure everything is perfect!" Franziska shouted as she cracked her whip, "I want nothing less than the best for my little brother!"

Well, this is exactly how I saw this day going. Hopefully, nothing will catch on fire. Kay was helping Sebastian and Klavier with their music set up as Gumshoes, Maggey, Kyoko, and Lang were setting up the tables.

"Foods ready! Courtesy of the Katherine Hall!" Ema shouted with pride as she and Nahyuta walked in, "All set up in the next room. Gotta say, Mr. Edgeworth, only you and Mr. Wright would want to have your wedding in a courtroom"

I could only smile at her comment.

"To be honest, I love it. That is romantic" Lana Skye said with a grin, "This is amazing"

I shook her hand and smiled as I saw her.

"I am very thankful that you were able to watch over everything for me. I am proud of what you've done" Lana said with pride.