Chapter 26: Back to Work, With a Side of Justice!

(This was not planned to coincide with the discovery Apollo's true height. However, Apollo Justice is here! Along with his side of the universe! Seriously though, if you know anything about Apollo, you know that he has one of the most complicated backstories ever. So, I did my best with it! Also, why the hate for him? He's actually the most reasonable characters in the series! Which is very ironic considering who his boss is. Regardless, enjoy!) 

(Apollo's POV)

Apartment Complex, Flat Room 0004

June 17th, 7:30 AM

                 Suit? Check! Hair? Check! My resume? Check! Bracelet? Check! Alright, now it is time for the Chords of Steel exercise!

"I'M APOLLO JUSTICE AND I'M FINE! I'M APOLLO JUSTICE AND I'M FINE!" I yelled with all my might to shake off my nerves.

"Apollo shut up!" Clay shouted back in a groggy voice.

I looked over my shoulder to see my best friend just waking up. Clay was yawning as he rubbed his eyes of sleep. He had short black hair and dark blue eyes. He wore a simple white shirt and black shorts.

"Sorry Clay. I'm just nervous. Today is my first day at my dream job! I'm just so excited and scared at the same time!" I exclaimed to him.

"Yeah, I know. It was all you talked about as we graduated college. I'm happy for you, I am, but please keep those Chords of Steel of yours in check" Clay said with a smirk.

"Haha. I will. Ok, I'm gonna head out now. Wait a minute, why are you not heading out?" Apollo asked curiously as he eyed his friend.

"Well, right now, the Space Center needs to shut down for a bit. They are building a house near it. Apparently, Aura's little brother and their little sister are coming back after so long. Now, we just have to wait for them to come back along with their house being built" Clay answered as he sat on the couch.

"Uh, are you getting paid leave? Because I don't know when my first paycheck is coming" I asked him nervously.

"Yes, I am on paid leave until the house is built" Clay reassured me with a wave of his hand, "You've got nothing to worry about buddy of mine!"

I just rolled my eyes. Well, I am relieved about that. I gathered my files and then ran out of our apartment. Yeah, today is going to be a great day! I can feel it! Look out world, here comes Justice!

(Phoenix's POV)

Wright and Co Law Offices, Main Lobby

June 17th, 8:00 AM

Well, Trucy's adoption papers are going smoothly. I am grateful Kyoko helped me with this along with Iris too. I looked at the clock. It was still early. Makoto won't be here till lunch which should be fine. Our new employee should be joining us shortly. I can't wait to meet him. My other employee won't be here till the next few months. Well, either way, I am sure he will be a good addition to our group.

"HELLO MR. WRIGHT!" I heard someone shout with all their might just outside my office.

Alright, that must be him. I put down my papers and answered the door to find my new employee, Apollo Justice, standing in front of the door.

"Hi, Apollo. How are you? Are you ready?" I asked him with a grin.

"Yes, sir!" he shouted loudly and nervously.

I just grinned as I allowed him to enter my office.

"Your desk is near my daughter's magic props. Sorry about that. We still need a place for that. However, I won't be the lead lawyer until these adoption papers are finalized. So, Makoto is in charge of the law firm for a bit. You do know about Makoto, right?"