Chapter 7: Turnabout Von Karma Truth Part 1

(Ok, the three part season 1 finale is here! This is part 1! Seriously, I tried to make this two parts, but I just couldn't. Not with all that information we have about this. I really hope you'll enjoy this one, but also, I am very sorry for what is about to happen. But hey! My favorite character from Miles Investigations 2 finally appears! Another important note, there will be a very serious and dark moment with Miles, so just be careful. If you don't like that, then please do not read this chapter. What Miles goes through is a reference to a huge turning point for him in the games. With that out of the way, enjoy!)

Gourd Lake, Forest Path

December 24th, 11:58 PM

(Miles's POV)

                    I honestly can't fathom as to why someone would want to meet me at this terrible lake at this hour. It is already cold and snowing. Not to mention this thick fog covering everything. I can't even see! This better be a good reason for this! I continued to walk along the cold path until I saw two shadowy figures on the bridge. Ah, they must be the ones who called me out here for some reason. As I began to approach them, I saw something shining in the distance, but I paid it no mind. I took a step on the brick bridge as I shot rang out around us! I heard a pained gasp and scream coming from the bridge. I took another step and nearly slipped as I felt something underneath my foot. I bent towards the ground and felt the item under my feet. I picked up and examined the item to be a pistol. It was warm too. It looks like it was fired recently as well.

"You killed him!" a woman screamed as I looked up to see Defense Fey trying to help a recently shot Prosecutor Armando!

There was so much blood flowing from his injury... I froze in place as I felt my throat caught itself. No, I didn't do this... I couldn't kill someone who helped me adjust to living in North America and looked after me. As I tried to calm myself down, I slowly realized something important about the situation I am in. I am holding a gun, Prosecutor Armando is shot, and Defense Fey is a witness. I don't think anyone is going to take up my defense nor believe I am innocent... I suddenly felt like I was in a daze. The police arrived, arrested me, and locked me in a cell just as Christmas morning came. Christmas? What a terrible event, now and then.

Fey and Co Law Offices, Main Lobby

December 25th, 9:00 AM

(Phoenix's POV)

Yawn! Another day at the office. Chief was taking the first half of the winter break off while I got the second half this year. I don't mind it. It usually means that I have to clean up the office and wait to see if we get any clients. Nothing like that ever happens, because most normal people spend their time off with family and friends. Well, I should expect another slow day. I placed my bag at the side of my desk and sat down. I felt my phone buzz as I took it out. Why did Makoto call me 8 times in the morning? I was about to call him back when I heard him scream and open the doors to the office!

"Makoto?! What's wrong?!" I exclaimed as he panted and placed his hands on his knees.

"Turn on the news! Right now!" he shouted as he pointed to the TV.

I ran to get the remote and turned it on to the local news station. I gasped in shock at the headline. It giant, red letters read "PROSECUTOR MILES EDGEWORTH ARRESTED FOR THE MURDER OF PROSECUTOR ARMANDO". What is going on?! Makoto panted heavily as he sat down and nodded his head. Chief must be freaking out too. I may not have gotten to know him or liked him, but he did mean a lot to chief. We have a lot of work to do.

"Come on, Makoto. First stop is the hospital. We have to check on chief and her partner" I said seriously.

Hickfield Clinic, Room 8237

The Turnabout of Hope Book 1: Establishing the Truth in Our Livesजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें