Chapter 36: A Dance to NOT Forget!

(Everyone, we have five chapters left. Then, this wonderful story is over! I will miss them, but hey, Ace Attorney 7 is being worked on and we have the Great Ace Attorney coming! So, we will see them again soon enough. Also, I'm very grateful Danganrompa's 10th anniversary artwork, because I honestly had no idea how the characters should look in fancy clothes. Also, I hope you like the references in their clothes! Now, enjoy!) 

(Phoenix's POV)

Hope's Peak Academy, Ballroom

November 5th, 7:00 PM

                 Well, after Trucy was safe, we were readying ourselves for the ball at Makoto's school as well as meeting with the Laytons. I told Apollo and Athena that their court uniforms are fine to wear to this, but Athena decided to wear a unique outfit along with Maya and Trucy. Oh, right. After everything that happened with Trucy, Maya decided to leave Pearls with Iris, though I honestly can't blame her for doing that at all.

"So, is everyone ready?" I asked as I kneeled before my little magician as I adjusted her outfit to make sure she looks her best!

Although I couldn't wear a yukata to these things, but Trucy wanted to wear one to match Maya's. She wore a pink one with some blue diamonds on it. A purple sash was tied around her waist while her hair was in a ponytail and being held by a pink diamond accessory. As for Apollo and me, we both just wore our usually courtroom uniform. As for Athena, she decided to wear a fancier outfit. Athena wore a blue rose accessory in her ponytail instead of the bow. She wore a fancy yellow shirt with a blue bow on it. She had short yellow shorts and long, black socks with matching black heels. Though, she still had Widget hanging around her neck. As for Makoto, he wore a fancier outfit too. He wore a dark green suit with a matching tie. He still had his lucky pin on his lapel. He wore black dress shoes too.

"Man, don't we look fancy?" Athena said with a grin as she hugged Makoto's side and held up Widget to take a picture of the two of them together.

Maya then entered the room as she greeted us warmly. She wore a white dress with short purple coat which was held by a marron sash tied around her waist. She had a magatama around her neck with her long, black hair tied down. She wore sandals.

"Sorry for taking so long, but I am here!" Maya exclaimed in delight, "Wow! You guys look amazing! Aw, why didn't you two dress up?"

Maya pouted at Apollo and me, but this is technically formal wear.

"Ok, since the entire Wright Anything Agency is finally here, let's go in!" I said with a grin as Apollo, Athena, and Makoto ran in with Trucy and Maya behind them.

I just laughed as I walked right after them. Dang! This school is something else! Right before my eyes was a lot of tables and a few large tables with foods and drinks. Then, there is a grand stage too! Not to mention a lot of chandeliers hanging from the ceiling... What kind of school is this again?

"Ah, nice to see you again, Mr. Wright" Professor Layton greeted as I turned around to see the professor.

He wore a red jacket and white shirt. He still had his top hat on his head and wearing black pants with brown shoes. I shook his hand and smiled.

"It's been too long, professor" I said with a grin, "Is your family here?"

"Yes. My wife went with them. All three of my kids and apprentice are here. I left my assistant back at Galar to make sure the agency is looked after" the professor reported to me.

Wow. His family is here. I wonder what they are like.

"Ah, nice to see you, Theodore and Phoenix. I was wondering when I find you two" Miles said nicely as I turned around and smiled at him.