Chapter 3: Prosecutor Miles Edgeworth

(Ah, our favorite prosecutor makes his debut! Honestly, Miles reminded me of Riku. The two of them had the most shown character development in their respective series, and you can tell. However, we are stuck with cocky, rude Miles for a bit! Also, I was so surprised to discover he had his own two games. Like, that's pretty incredible! Just like Riku.... Huh... Interesting. Either way, let's enjoy this chapter on our favorite prosecutor's debut! Eureka!)

Fey and Law Co Offices, Main Lobby

October 20, 10:00 AM

(Phoenix's POV)

                 Just as my boss instructed, I began to work with the Magatama. Those locks are called psyche-locks and can tell me if a person is hiding something from me.

"Now, in order to break the locks, you have to prove they are hiding something from you. You can do this by presenting evidence or some kind of proof. The lock should break. Let's try it with me. Are you ready, Phoenix?" chief asked me seriously as faced me.

"Yes!" I said determinedly as Makoto was taking some notes about some cases.

"Alright. I don't know anything about my family. I have never mentioned them" chief said with a smile as the two psyche - locks and chains appeared around her.

Ok, you've got this Phoenix. I gripped the magatama tightly as I slowly relived my chief's phone.

"TAKE THAT!" I shouted loudly as I presented the phone, "Just this morning, you had a conversation with your little sister. You did mention talking about her as you walked into the office!"

Just like that, one of the psyche – locks broke. Alright! I did it!

"Not bad! Now, I am not very close to them either. I don't have a strong bond with them" she said to me with a shake of her head.

I felt through my pockets to pull out a family photo of hers she always keeps with her at her desk.

"Oh, I don't believe that" I said as I revealed the photo to my chief, "This photo proves that you do have a close bond with them for two reasons! The first reason is that how crumpled it looks. That means you take it out often to look at it. The second reason is how recent this photo was taken. It was just last month! That proves you do have a strong bond with your family and even go out together on festive dates to hang out!"

With that, the second psyche-lock breaks! The chains vanished as chief smiles at me.

"You did it, Phoenix. Good job! You now know how to use the magatama. Use it to defend others and find the truth" chief said with a smile as Makoto clapped in delight.

I scratched the back of my neck nervously. I was just grateful I was able to learn how to use this. Now, I just have to use it during trial and use it to find the truth. Just then, the doors to the office burst open to reveal a very worried scruffy man.

"Detective Gumshoes?" chief asked surprised as Makoto helped him to sit down on the couch.

"Well, I have a job for you. A very good friend of mine is arrested for a murder" he explained to us as we gasped in shock, "Her name is Maggey Byrde. She's a police officer. She was caught it a terrible murder and now, she's accused! Please help her! She didn't kill anyone! She couldn't! She is too nice and works to defend others!"

This sounds like a huge problem. Chief closed her eyes and pondered on this for a moment.

"Alright, we will take this case" she said determinedly, "Detective Gumshoes please take us to the Detention Center!"

Makoto and I were very shocked about this as we followed her and the detective to the detention center.

Detention Center, Visitor's Room