Chapter 37: Magic is in the Air!

(You know, I probably would've accepted Apollo being from Khura'in if they hide little details in his dialogue to reflect this. Also, he must know the language, right? I head canon that at least. Also, hello? Ema and Nahyuta? Those two are so cute! Enjoy!)

(Apollo's POV)

Hope's Peak Academy, Ballroom

November 5th, 7:18 PM

               Oh, Holy Mother, what have I gotten myself into now?! I thought this would just be a simple, fun dinner party. Clearly, I was wrong! Why does this keep happening to us?!

"Well, it looks like we've got our next case. This time with the best detectives, defense attorneys, and prosecutors" Mr. Wright said in an oddly calm manner.

Then again, my boss has been through more cases than I have, so maybe he just doesn't really care anymore.

"So, what do you want us to do boss?" Athena asked eagerly.

"Are you serious?" I asked her in shock.

"He's going to hurt our boss's friend! We have to help him! Also, it is our job to find the truth! So, let's find it! Together!" Athena said eagerly as I just sighed.

Alright, we are locked in a school with a dead body and now have to find the truth before this Assassin kills him. Perfect. This is exactly how I wanted to spend my Friday night. I really wish I just went with Clay to the Space Center to watch a marathon of Star Wars with Aura and the others.

"Actually, I don't see Trucy around here" Mr. Wright said concerned until he noticed an air vent was opened, "Well, I can't fit through there. So, Apollo and Athena will go through the vent and follow Trucy!"

Well, at least we will be out of this room.

"But also, find a way out of here. Something tells me we will need to investigate the scene out of here" Mr. Wright said seriously.

"If I may, why not take Alfendi and Katrielle with you? I am sure you can use their help to figure out the mysteries out there" Professor Layton suggested as Alfendi looked shocked while Katrielle was jumping up and down with delight.

"Are you kidding me?! I am not vent crawling! You cannot make me!" Alfendi yelled madly at his father.

Athena giggled as she said, "Ah, if that's the case, then I guess you being an Inspector is a lie. Sigh, who knew Alfendi Layton was a liar and a fraud"

That seemed to have set him off, because he let out a yell, stormed towards the vent, and marched right through it.

"I knew that would get him. Well, come you two! Let's go!" Athena shouted as she went after Alfendi.

Katrielle giggled as she jumped after Athena. I sighed as I went right after them. Well, here we go again. However, after crawling through the vent, I landed outside and saw Athena and Alfendi running after something.

"What happened?" I asked Katrielle who was just laughing.

"They saw someone snooping around and decided to follow the person. As for the gentlewomen I am, I decided to wait for you" she said proudly.

I just shook my head at her. Whatever, I really don't care.

Hope's Peak Academy, Main Hallway

November 5th, 7:23 PM

"Got it. Well, let's go find Trucy. She couldn't have gotten far" I said to Katrielle as he walked around the hallways.

I wondered why Trucy ran off in the first place. She wouldn't scare her family like that. Something must be up. We continued to walk until I heard someone talking.