Chapter 15: Escaping Evil Clutches

(Another chapter up! Also, I've looked at the reads for this one too! Wow! A lot of you really like this one as well! I'm so very pleased by that! Though, I'll keep doing my best for all of you! Now, for this chapter, I really enjoyed writing the Miles's side of the situation. His games are unique for a lawyer series. Also, and I know a lot of people are going to be happy about this, Klavier. Enjoy!)

Motostoke City, Edge of a Three Way Near a Stream

January 21, 2:45 AM

(Kyoko's POV)

                  We kept running until I stopped near the edge of the river and then took a few steps back. He's right underneath us.

"Here. We need a drill right here" I ordered seriously as Agent Lang nodded his head.

He pulled out his phone and then barked orders out to his men to come here with a drill. The people of Motostoke were soon waking up to the sound of his yelling. As for me, I am just praying that Prosecutor Edgeworth is safe along with the rest of them. Something tells me we are on the cusp of something far darker than we could have possibly imagined. His men soon arrived in the drill. I stepped to the side as they began to drill towards the sewers. Prosecutor Edgeworth, I hope you know what you are doing.

(Miles's POV)

Motostoke City, Sewers

January 21st, 3:00 AM

I helped Kay sit down and held her close as the gas was pouring in. Come on, Detective Kirigiri. I am counting on you for this. I looked at Kay. She is barely hanging on. I have to make sure she's safe. I can't let anything happened to her like this. She has a bright future ahead of hers. I am sure she will do something to help everyone! Just then, I heard a low humming noise and something breaking. I quickly covered Kay as the roof of the sewers was coming down!

"What is that?!" she shouted surprised as she looked up to see light coming down on us.

I slowly turned around to see the drill retreating from us and reveal Detective Kirigiri and a very buff man behind her.

"Prosecutor Miles Edgeworth! Are you down there?!" she shouted as she looked around for us.

I simply grinned as I stood up to reply, "We are just fine. Thank you, detective"

Kay ran towards the ceiling and waving her hands in delight as the gas left the room. I heard a loud bang and looked to the sealed doors. Right, Franziska and Sebastian must be worried about us.

"Detective! International Prosecutor Von Karma and Debeste are still in the sewers! Please retrieve them at once" I shouted to her.

"Understood, prosecutor" she said with a satisfied smile.

Soon, we were brought up to the street by a ladder as the buff man grinned.

"Good job, pups! We've got them! Now, gather the stolen arts and lock them back at the Armor Yard. From there, tell the Yard they have work to do! These priceless artifacts need to be returned to their respective countries!" he ordered before turning to us, "Get them some food, water, and a doctor, I want to make sure they are healthy and unharmed! Also, I am Agent Shi Long Lang. Pleasure to meet you two"

(Lang's POV)

So, this is the prosecutor the Head Detective wanted to save. He doesn't look like much. However, my eyes soon popped out of my face as I saw Kay with him!

"What are you doing here?! I thought you were solving a case!" I asked her with worry on my face.

"I was though. You told me to find the missing artifacts! Sebastian and I did it! With the help of Head Detective Kirigiri, Prosecutor Franny, and Prosecutor Miley!" she said in delight as the Prosecutor raised an eyebrow at her statement.