Chapter 12: A Deceased and A Spy

(Happy Thanksgiving everyone! I hope you are celebrating safely and giving thanks for everything! Now,  a lot of the Miles Investigations Characters will debut as well as a traditional trial Phoenix usually handles a lot. Either way, I don't think this is Debeste chapter, but it is a good one! Enjoy! Happy Thanksgiving everyone!)

(Franziska's POV)

Motostoke City, Airport

January 20th, 9:15 PM

               What a foolish fool my little brother is! He leaves a suicide note and cause a panic in North America's Prosecution's Office! Leaving me behind to catch up! I was finally able to arrive in Galar's airport and looked for Head Detective Kyoko. The airport was a tad busy, but that should be expected from one of the fine regions of Europa.

"Hello Miss Prosecutor Franziska Von Karma" a serious, young voice greeted me as I exited the gate.

I looked to see a young teenage girl in a purple outfit looking at me. She held a very serious expression as she faced me.

"Greetings. You must be the Head Detective Kyoko Kirigiri in Kaliforunia. I wish I could've met you under different circumstances than this" I said in a calm manner.

Hearing from another person that my adoptive little brother might be dead is something I never thought I would have to experience. That, and everything about my father. Doesn't Miles Edgeworth know that I have a lot to deal with as well?! Sigh, he's dealing with this too. His own mentor died, and he was the prime suspect for it until some rookie defense attorney, The Turnabout Terror, saved him. Although, he did lose to the Turnabout Terror, perhaps I shall be the one to defeat him in court! Ah, these thoughts of mine can wait.

"Do you have an idea of where my little brother is?" I asked her as we departed from the airport and called a cab.

"I do. I was able to get in touch with the International Police, Interpol, about him. There is a case being conduct here, so it wasn't too hard for me to reach him. Investigator Lang was able to help me confirm that your brother is in Motostoke City for the past month" Kyoko explained as the driver departed from the airport, "After the Turnabout Von Karma Truth, your brother suffered a lot. With the death of his mentor and all the teachings he was taught, he was lost and confused. Although Defense Wright and his other, quite useless, friend tried to help him, it wasn't enough. He had to flee from his home and come here. There is a reason for it. That I am sure of"

Miles Edgeworth just what are you planning? Her phone buzzed as she took it out of her pocket.

"Excuse me, but it looks like Investigator Lang is trying to reach me" Detective Kyoko said seriously as she looked at her phone, "And he found your brother. He's alive and staying at a Budew Drop Inn"

She then turned her phone over to me to show me a photo of my little brother. He was alive... He wore that trench coat and held an umbrella in one hand while the other hand held his case. I felt so relieved about this. I quickly wiped my tears away and then returned her phone to her.

"Then, we shall head to that hotel and have a chat with my dear brother about everything he has been up too" I stated seriously as I crossed my arms over my chest.

"That is exactly where we are going next" Detective Kyoko said seriously as she turned to the driver and ordered him to take us to the Budew Drop inn.

Miles Edgeworth, you better explain to me what you are doing when I arrive. I don't want any more surprises happening.

(Edgeworth's POV)

Motostoke City, Budew Drop Inn

January 20th, 9:55 PM

This day cannot get any worse. A child is in my room and sleeping on my bed! She isn't even cleaned up! She is dirty from whatever activity she was doing prior to her attempt at stealing from me. Calm down, Edgeworth. There must be a reason for everything. Wait a minute, she's young and alone... I understand that feeling too well. Sigh, I'll take care of her. I gently took the blanket and put it over her. Then, I let her rest. I went to my table to take out my laptop and look at my information I gathered. It appears that the descendant of Sherlock Holmes lives here and carries on his agency as the Head and Lead Detective. I would like to meet him some day. Besides that, it appears that Naruhodō Ryūnosuke faced a similar situation with the law in the early stages. He even allowed for female attorneys to be present and strongly wished for the Jurist System to be placed, so the truth can be revealed, and people could see it as well. Suddenly, there was a knock at my door. I closed the computer and walked towards it to open it. I was whipped and felt a familiar sense of sisterly intimidation course through me. Ah, Franziska is here.