Chapter 39: The Turnabout of New Truth!

(This is it guys! After this, just two more chapters! Ah! I'm going to miss everyone for a while! But, this is the chapter a lot of people were waiting for! You're going to enjoy this one! Enjoy!)

(Phoenix's POV)

               With that, Miles, the professor, and I finally have everything we need to bring the truth to light!

"Hey! Boss!" Athena shouted as she ran in with my little daughter behind her.

"Trucy! You're ok!" I said in relief as I embraced her warmly.

"Yep! Sorry to worry about you, daddy. After this, we need to talk about something important" she said in a nervous yet brave tone.

It must be serious, but right now, we have to find the truth.

"Alright, after this, you can tell me. Right now, daddy and his friends need to defeat the bad guy. Don't leave Athena's side" I said with a grin as I patted her head.

"Kay, daddy!" Trucy said as she then rushed to Athena's side.

I turned my attention to Athena. She was holding a tape, notebook, and looked really serious. Though, Apollo, Katrielle, and Alfendi were not with her. Don't tell me they are in trouble.

"Don't worry, boss. They are just fine! Apollo and Kat are with Trucy's friends while Al stayed with Chihiro! I've got the evidence we need for this!" she said with pride as she gave it to me.

I examined it with Professor Layton and Miles. The three of us looked over it until we were ready. Miles waved to Klavier who stopped playing his music. Everyone turned their attention to us. Athena turned on Widget, so Apollo, Katrielle, Alfendi, and Chihiro could listen in. Kay rushed to us to give us each a microphone to use.

"Did you finally solve the case?" Kristoph asked surprised.

"I believe we have! Thanks to everyone's help, we were able to come to the conclusion of who the true killer is!" I said with pride.

"You have?" Kristoph asked surprised.

"Yes. Now, we need everyone to gather around us as we explain everything. Although this isn't a normal trial, this will be no different than us finding the truth" Miles answered seriously.

"Now, with that, let's begin!" Professor Layton said excitedly, "Would the prosecutor give us his opening statement?"

"I would be delighted too" Miles said with a smile, "The victim is Professor Constance Courte. She is a defense attorney at Themis Legal Academy. She was an outstanding professor who influenced every legal mind she taught. She was killed with a single shoot of a sniper"

So, that does match up.

"Right now, the suspect is that dear friend of yours, Larry Butz. He was the last person to see her alive. However, he claims he never killed her" Professor Layton said calmly, "Does the defense have any evidence to already contradict this statement?"

Already? Man, the professor sure doesn't waste any time. Lucky for him, I already do.

"Larry's alibi holds that he did see her last, he later left her at the table to get her a drink. He remarked that she appeared to be dazed" I answered as I heard Alfendi snicker from Widget.

"I believe Athena and I have already solved that issue, Mr. Wright" he said simply, "Athena can explain it since she is with you, right Athena?"

"Oh, can it, Al! Of course, I can explain it! Al and I came to the conclusion that Professor Courte was heading to the control room of the school. The Assassin attacked her, but he didn't kill her. There was a scene of a struggle at the control room" Athena informed us as Widget displayed the state of the room to us.