25 | team seven

↪ 𝘕𝘰 𝘰𝘯𝘦'𝘴 𝘨𝘰𝘯𝘯𝘢 𝘧𝘪𝘹 𝘮𝘦 𝘸𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘐'𝘮 𝘣𝘳𝘰𝘬𝘦
𝘏𝘰𝘸 𝘥𝘰 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘤𝘳𝘺 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘪𝘯𝘢𝘯𝘪𝘮𝘢𝘵𝘦 𝘦𝘺𝘦𝘴? ↩

↪ 𝘕𝘰 𝘰𝘯𝘦'𝘴 𝘨𝘰𝘯𝘯𝘢 𝘧𝘪𝘹 𝘮𝘦 𝘸𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘐'𝘮 𝘣𝘳𝘰𝘬𝘦𝘏𝘰𝘸 𝘥𝘰 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘤𝘳𝘺 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘪𝘯𝘢𝘯𝘪𝘮𝘢𝘵𝘦 𝘦𝘺𝘦𝘴? ↩

Just as Sakura reached her room, she went to the secret compartment and opened it. There laid various scrolls, books, poisons, herbs, antidotes and whatnot.

Then she took out a book which was titled 'BINGO BOOK - VERSION 14' and then flipped out pages, slowly tracing the spine of the book she closed. Now, she was completely sure, that the one he hated and the one she met were the same.

Putting back the bingo book in its original place, she moved to the kitchen and she took a scroll. Opening the scroll, she kept on reading it.

"What did Kakashi say again?" She wondered, putting the scroll in her hand at the kitchen counter.

"Be at the designated training ground at five am and bring your ninja gear,"

At five am? Today was the first day of them being a genin and also the first interactions between the teacher and their students yet the man arrived hours later which means a few things.

"One; he doesn't care about us, two; he thinks that we will all fail and third; tomorrow he's going to arrive late as well." She concluded.

Her reasons for her conclusions? He took everything way too casually although it could be his attitude or personality, it wasn't the case. He was observant however the way he tried to scare them with the failing percentage was quite obvious, he didn't believe that they would pass his test.

Why did he think that they would fail? It was probably something common yet uncommon. It was something they could do but they wouldn't do. 

But what was it?

Fight ― no, they were ninjas, of course, they could fight. Knowledge ― the chances of this were too low because knowledge isn't everything, you need to apply your knowledge in daily life or else it's useless if you can't do that. Teamwork ― yes, this is the correct answer.

Sakura's emerald green eyes shined brightly as she realised his plan.

Teamwork was something so common yet uncommon, it was something they could do but they wouldn't do.  

Teamwork needs trust in each other however someone who was simply acquaintances would never trust each other.

Ino's team was something which was in every generation, the Ino-Shika-Cho; the ultimate formation, they'll be trusting of each other.

'Therefore, team 7 is the worst at teamwork.' Sakura sweatdropped at the thought of her teammates.

Yeah, there was no way they would work with each other so quickly. Both were way too prideful and stubborn and had an inferiority complex towards each other. As for her, while she could consider working with them, there was no way they would agree to work with her.

Sasuke would probably say something along the lines of "I don't need your help, I can do it all by myself." while Naruto would probably say something related to being a Hokage even though it was off-topic.

They were probably the worst type of teammates she could ever get, hell, she didn't even consider them her teammates.

"Now, what was the other thing Kakashi had said?" The green-eyed figure tucked her pink hair behind her ear.

"Tomorrow you better skip breakfast or else you'll puke,"

Telling them to skip breakfast was his way of looking down on them. He believed that all his students would be too stupid to think about his words and would blindly follow his words without thinking about it. 

'Kakashi Hatake... hmm?' Sakura put her pointer finger on her chin and a smile crept on her face.

"Let's see what you've got!"

Early in the morning, she reached the training grounds

Early in the morning, she reached the training grounds. There she saw her raven-haired teammate already waiting.

"Good morning Sasuke-san," Sakura greeted her teammate who was leaning on a tree.

"Hn," He grunted in reply as he nodded in her direction.

Sakura already knew that Kakashi was going to arrive a few hours late, therefore, she had a heavy breakfast that day.

By the time he would arrive, the food would be perfectly digested giving her plenty of energy and her stomach would not be growling, unlike her teammate's stomach which would be growling.

Even when she knew that Kakashi was going to arrive late, she still had to arrive early to maintain her image. Sakura Haruno was a two-goody shoe girl so there was no way that she would ever arrive late when her squad leader had clearly instructed that they should arrive at a particular time.

"Yahoo!!!"

Sakura looked up and saw a blonde running towards them.

"Hello, Naruto-san."

The pinkette greeted her teammate with a smile on her face.

"Hello, Sakura!" He grinned at her.

"You're late dobe." The raven-haired boy finally said.

"Hahh!?!"

Sakura looked away from the sight of the two fighting. She closed her eyes as if she was asleep. But she was only meditating and expanding her chakra to see how far she could sense without making anyone aware of her presence.

That's when she sensed something.

'You're here at last...'

Sakura stood up from her position.

'...Kakashi Hatake.'

― Updates are always on Sundays

― Updates are always on Sundays. Not every Sunday since I don't live my life every second to write.