84 | one lesson, two outcomes

⌜𝘛𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘦 𝘭𝘪𝘦𝘴 𝘮𝘺 𝘴𝘢𝘯𝘪𝘵𝘺𝘛𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘦 𝘨𝘰𝘦𝘴 𝘮𝘺 𝘮𝘪𝘯𝘥, 𝘐 𝘤𝘰𝘶𝘭𝘥 𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘴𝘢𝘷𝘦⌟

𝘛𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘦 𝘨𝘰𝘦𝘴 𝘮𝘺 𝘮𝘪𝘯𝘥, 𝘐 𝘤𝘰𝘶𝘭𝘥 𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘴𝘢𝘷𝘦⌟

⌜𝘛𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘦 𝘭𝘪𝘦𝘴 𝘮𝘺 𝘴𝘢𝘯𝘪𝘵𝘺𝘛𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘦 𝘨𝘰𝘦𝘴 𝘮𝘺 𝘮𝘪𝘯𝘥, 𝘐 𝘤𝘰𝘶𝘭𝘥 𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘴𝘢𝘷𝘦⌟

Nagato was taught by one of the three great Sanin - Master Jiraya.

It seemed that so was Naruto.

The battle, Konoha VS Pain, would be a fight between Master Jiraya's first and last students.

He didn't know what he was expecting to be honest.

What was Sakura's plan? Even he truly didn't know what was going on in his niece's mind, she always seemed like she was planning something.

But he supposed she had matured a lot over the years.

When she arrived in Amegakure, she had trust issues, wasn't willing to joke around and was so monotone that it hurt to hear about her.

It reminded him of how he failed to save his sister, and her mother and the result of it was brutal.

But, Sakura from the present was different from the Sakura from the past.

He had interacted with her, he had seen how she had grown to trust the people around her, watched how she slowly stopped being the false persona she created, made plans that no one could guess and had everyone working right under her thumb.

Nagato believed that she was worthy of being the new leader.

So, he believed her plan and came to attack here.

But Nagato wasn't just Nagato.

He was also Pain, the leader of the criminal organization Akatsuki who sought true peace over the world.

With the orange heads attacking the hidden leaf village, he remained high in the air and simply observed the destruction happening.