40 | the solace of a little boy

❛❛ 𝘐 𝘸𝘢𝘯𝘵𝘦𝘥 𝘵𝘰 𝘴𝘩𝘰𝘸 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘬𝘪𝘯𝘥𝘯𝘦𝘴𝘴 𝘺𝘰𝘶'𝘷𝘦 𝘴𝘩𝘰𝘸𝘯 𝘮𝘦. ❜❜

It was a new year and everyone was celebrating the occasion cheerfully

It was a new year and everyone was celebrating the occasion cheerfully. You could see people wearing new clothes, going shopping, buying, spending money, and eating different varieties of food from the food stalls.

Everyone was in a happy mood, except him.

At least that's what he thought.

Naruto Uzumaki.

A boy with short blonde hair and beautiful blue eyes shined like real sapphires when the sun's light reflected on them. The little boy had whiskered cheeks and a small body due to him getting bullied and having malnutrition.

He always wondered why everyone around him had parents, and a family while he was all alone. Nobody cared for him, they called him a freak, a monster. They threw stones at him, they chased after him. They never cared for him.

He wanted to be a Hokage when he grew up because they were acknowledged and loved. No one disrespected the Hokage. He wanted to be like the Hokage of the village so that no one in the village would ever throw him out of their shop.

He thought that the only one in the whole village who cared for him was the Third Hokage himself, Hiruzen Sarutobi.

Then he found her, his sole light.

His Yasashi-san!

The first and only time he saw was at the nNew Yearfestival when he was sitting on the swing near the academy.

He always sat here on the swing because no one wanted to be near him. He always thought that the swing was a cursed one for he was always alone but who would've thought that he would find his will and hope in his life?

He was sitting on the swing all alone with no one around him to care, not even his Oji-chan. At that time he felt a tap on his shoulder when he turned around flinching as he thought that it was someone older who was going to hit him while telling him that he was a monster.

Much to his surprise, he saw a small figure similar to him covered in a black coat from head to the knees, the only reason he knew the person was a girl was due to her soft feminine voice.

"This is for you,"

Then the little girl handed him something when he saw what was in her hands he was shocked to see the pair of green goggles in her hand which he wanted from a shop but was kicked out of it by the shop owner.

When he looked at the googles and then upwards he saw her disappear in a poof of smoke, and at that time he was filled with admiration.

He happily wore the goggles on his forehead, and then he grinned for the first time after being depressed. His sapphire eyes shone as he tapped his goggles which were hanging on his forehead.