04 | living family, not loving

❛❛  𝘐 𝘶𝘴𝘦𝘥 𝘵𝘰 𝘤𝘭𝘰𝘴𝘦 𝘮𝘺 𝘦𝘺𝘦𝘴 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘱𝘳𝘢𝘺 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘢 𝘸𝘩𝘰𝘭𝘦 '𝘯𝘰𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳 𝘧𝘢𝘮𝘪𝘭𝘺
𝘸𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘦 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘪𝘴 𝘧𝘪𝘯𝘦, 𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘧𝘦𝘭𝘵 𝘭𝘪𝘬𝘦 𝘮𝘪𝘯𝘦 ❜❜

❛❛  𝘐 𝘶𝘴𝘦𝘥 𝘵𝘰 𝘤𝘭𝘰𝘴𝘦 𝘮𝘺 𝘦𝘺𝘦𝘴 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘱𝘳𝘢𝘺 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘢 𝘸𝘩𝘰𝘭𝘦 '𝘯𝘰𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳 𝘧𝘢𝘮𝘪𝘭𝘺𝘸𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘦 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘪𝘴 𝘧𝘪𝘯𝘦, 𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘧𝘦𝘭𝘵 𝘭𝘪𝘬𝘦 𝘮𝘪𝘯𝘦 ❜❜

The academy had just begun, Sakura dragged her feet out of her bed as she went to bathe. At a very young age, she learned the hard way that not everything goes your way. 

A happy family she wanted, a happy childhood she wanted, a happy memory she wanted, a happy life she wanted.

Yet she got none.

She prayed to God continuously in hopes of her dreams of being happy true, but every hope was trampled upon.

All the hopes she held in this life were gone, all that left her was sorrow.

She had given up on god and stopped believing in them.

She then changed into an red old top and black pants which were given to her by Ami, after she no longer liked them. That was how it always worked, she was given things that were deemed useless by her step-sister, the one who her parents doted on.

She then grabbed her worn-out backpack and walked out of her room, as she walked downstairs she saw her father, her stepmother and her step-sister having breakfast together. 

She also saw that there was no chair for her to sit on nor were there any plates placed on the table for her to eat from.

The message was as clear as the daylight, they did not consider her a family. 

She was slightly depressed by the way things had turned out but she nonetheless walked towards the kitchen where she grabbed an apple discreetly and placed it inside her bag. 

The family of three was too busy to notice her anyway so she grabbed as many fruits as she could and sneaked them in.

She then walked towards the family, "Good morning Kizashi-sama, Akumu-sama and Ami-sama. I hope you have a good day ahead," She greeted them as she bowed down. Kizashi stared at her with disgust while Ami smirked in mockery.

Her dearest mother walked out of her seat and then grabbed Sakura by her shoulders as she kindly reminded her. 

"Sweetie, aren't you going to have breakfast with us?" Her cruel words were coated with honey and sugar, and out of all of them only Sakura's biological father, Kizashi fell for them.

Sakura was used to this tone, pretending to be kind-hearted when in reality she was a cruel person.

People fell for her kind demeanour, just like they fell for Kizashi's honest demeanour, just like they fell for the image of a happy and warm family the Haruno family had created.

"N-No mother, but thank you for asking," She bowed her head again trying to bear the pain Akumu inflicted on her as she held onto Sakura's shoulders, her long nails digging into her soft flesh. 

With that said, she quickly walked away.

Kizashi sneered in disgust as he looked at Sakura, "Darling, lets her go, she doesn't appreciate you," His eyes which were cold when looking at Sakura melted as soon as his gaze landed on his wife.

Sakura ignored every word thrown at her, though tears welled up in her eyes, she stubbornly held them in and only did they roll down her cheeks when she was outside the house, which couldn't even call hers.

She quietly started walking away, and that's when she saw a figure similar size to hers, looking sorrowfully at the lake beside him. She felt loneliness coming from him so she quickly walked towards him.

She stood by him, "A-Are you alright?" She hesitantly asked, her voice was as soft as a feather, hearing it would give one a soothing feeling but that's not what the little boy thought. 

He sneered at her, "Shut up, you don't know anything!" His cold eyes reminded her of her father, and she flinched when he glared at her. 

He walked away, making Sakura believe there was no such thing as kindness in this world.

But she still wanted to help, she was truly naive.

"But I want to help you!" She cried making the boy turn his head, "What makes you think you can help me huh! Would you make my parents cherish me as much as they cherish my older brother?" Sasuke blurted out angrily.

When Sakura heard what he said, she ashamedly looked down.

"What do you even know about family, tch!" These were his last words before he started walking away. She could only helplessly look at him and when she turned back she paled when she saw the figure of her sister. Sakura nervously bit her lips as she looked down again.

"Agh!" She yelped in pain as her pink hair was pulled by Ami, Ami continued pulling the stands of pink hair in her hands, "Who do you even think you are to talk to my Sasuke-Kun?!?" She screamed at her and when she saw the tears leaking out of those emerald eyes, she only pulled the hair more harshly.

Sakura never said anything and bottled up everything as she endured all the bullying she went through Ami, only when she got bored dud she loosen the grip on Sakura's hair, "Next time don't even think about looking at him," She scowled at Sakura.

"Hmph," Ami scoffed and then walked away leaving Sakura to fix her hair which was in a mess. Sakura only looked at the strands of her pink hair, her own hair which was forcefully tugged out from her head making her scalp.

She then turned to the direction Sasuke walked and sighed tiredly as she grabbed onto her belongings, slowly making her way to the academy. A reply to Sasuke's question flashed in her mind.

"What do you even know about family, tch!"

You're right Sasuke, what do I even know about family when I don't even have one.

― Sakura is an atheist. Just like me. [I hope no one comes for me because of this-]

― If you find any errors where grammatic or spelling, please do inform me in the comments.