07 | naive smiles

❛❛ 𝘛𝘦𝘭𝘭 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘢 𝘴𝘦𝘤𝘳𝘦𝘵, 𝘐'𝘮 𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘢𝘭𝘢𝘳𝘮𝘦𝘥
𝘚𝘰 𝘸𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘪𝘧 𝘐'𝘮 𝘤𝘳𝘢𝘻𝘺? 𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘣𝘦𝘴𝘵 𝘱𝘦𝘰𝘱𝘭𝘦 𝘢𝘳𝘦 ❜❜

❛❛ 𝘛𝘦𝘭𝘭 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘢 𝘴𝘦𝘤𝘳𝘦𝘵, 𝘐'𝘮 𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘢𝘭𝘢𝘳𝘮𝘦𝘥𝘚𝘰 𝘸𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘪𝘧 𝘐'𝘮 𝘤𝘳𝘢𝘻𝘺? 𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘣𝘦𝘴𝘵 𝘱𝘦𝘰𝘱𝘭𝘦 𝘢𝘳𝘦 ❜❜

The New Year went by and soon the Academy of Konoha started. The first day of the Academy after the New Year's Vacation was something Sakura would've feared but now something had changed.

Her thirst for freedom, power and happiness was awakened.

These feelings of her were like a sleeping tiger, once provoked no one could calm them down.

Sakura woke up early and sneaked into the kitchen so that she wouldn't get confronted by her family. She then quickly ate yesterday's leftovers as her breakfast. She then quickly walked out.

She then slowly walked as she admired the beautiful nature around her. She walked towards Ino's house and then looked at the plate which said 'THE YAMANAKA CLAN' in bold. She slowly walked inside and bowed to everyone as a greeting.

Sakura knocked on the door and then appeared a lady with light brown eyes without pupils and brown hair which was tied into a bun with a red ribbon in it. Strands of hair were framed on both sides of her face, hanging over her ears from behind them. 

She was fair-skinned, and slight wrinkles were visible near her mouth which did not hide her beauty. Her attire consisted of a dark teal dress, which had an aquamarine-coloured gem below the collar.

Ino's mother [NOTE: Her name was never mentioned thus I'm going to refer to her as 'Ino's mother'] opened the door and she was a little pinkette outside.

"Hello, Sakura-chan!" She greeted her only daughter's friend, bending down slightly to reach the eight-year-old's height.

"Hello, to you to Yamanaka-san!" She quickly bowed down as she greeted. Ino's mother cupped her face with her hand as she smiled, "You're too polite Sakura-chan, I wish Ino would be at least half as polite as you."

"Shut up, mom!" Ino shouted from inside, and Sakura giggled in response as both of the young girls made their way out of the Yamanaka Clan chatting together, equally excited about meeting everyone after the New Year's  Vacation.

They made their way to the academy, went inside their class and sat in their designated seats. Ino sat in the front while Sakura sat at the back of the class with Shikamaru sleeping on the desk beside her.

Just when she sat, Ami walked up to her and slammed her hand on the desk waking Shikamaru from his sleep.

"Troublesome," He muttered when he was woken up from his sleep only to see the confrontation of two sisters.

"Dumbass, did you do my homework?" Ami sneered in disgust and distaste at having to talk to her sister. 

She smirked when she saw Sakura nod her head dumbly as she took out a bundle of paper from her bag and gave it to her.