05 | reflection of a mirror

❛❛ 𝘊𝘰𝘶𝘭𝘥 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘧𝘪𝘯𝘥 𝘢 𝘸𝘢𝘺 𝘵𝘰 𝘭𝘦𝘵 𝘮𝘦 𝘥𝘰𝘸𝘯 𝘴𝘭𝘰𝘸𝘭𝘺?
𝘈 𝘭𝘪𝘵𝘵𝘭𝘦 𝘴𝘺𝘮𝘱𝘢𝘵𝘩𝘺, 𝘐 𝘩𝘰𝘱𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘤𝘢𝘯 𝘴𝘩𝘰𝘸 𝘮𝘦 ❜❜

❛❛ 𝘊𝘰𝘶𝘭𝘥 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘧𝘪𝘯𝘥 𝘢 𝘸𝘢𝘺 𝘵𝘰 𝘭𝘦𝘵 𝘮𝘦 𝘥𝘰𝘸𝘯 𝘴𝘭𝘰𝘸𝘭𝘺?𝘈 𝘭𝘪𝘵𝘵𝘭𝘦 𝘴𝘺𝘮𝘱𝘢𝘵𝘩𝘺, 𝘐 𝘩𝘰𝘱𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘤𝘢𝘯 𝘴𝘩𝘰𝘸 𝘮𝘦 ❜❜

It was the end of the year, meaning that there would be a New Year festival in the village hidden in the leaves. It was the nighttime when Sakura along with her family went out to celebrate New Year.

The night was a special kind of blackness, the kind that wants only to hold the stars and help them to shine all the brighter. This day was supposed to be positive, but was it really?

The little pinkette didn't think so.

To her, it was just another day, a day she would somehow survive.

Sakura walked along with her family, her parents were holding their daughter's hand smiling happily, while Sakura who was cast outside gently followed them like a mouse, striving to make her presence seem as undetectable as possible.

Without uttering a word, she followed them.

Today was New Year's eve which meant everyone would be having fun with their friends and family. 

Sakura followed her parents through the crowd.

"Excuse me," She muttered as she bumped into a lady and bowed down to them as she apologised to them.

She saw Kizashi raising a little girl -  Ami in his arms and holding Akumu's hand as they laughed, together, enjoying the night as though they didn't forget about her. 

When they see Sakura looking at them, the atmosphere around them turns gloomy and their gazes which were directed towards her are unfriendly.

"Take these and don't bother us," Kizashi glared at her as he took out a few notes of money and threw them towards her as if he was doing some charity giving money to his daughter. 

He threw them without an ounce of affection as if Sakura was some beggar who was annoying them while begging them for money.

Sakura quickly grabbed onto the few notes on the ground and then looked up to see them disappearing from their sight. She sadly smiled and hugged herself as she kept the money in the pockets of her pants.

She walked around, fascinated by everything around her and then saw someone selling food, and then saw a guy wearing all black clothes with half of his face covered with a mask. He was discretely eating something. 

It seemed she was the only one who noticed him.

And she unconsciously walked towards him, he who was standing out of the crowd, in the dark.

When the mysterious guy noticed Sakura's gaze on him, he looked at her and gently patted her head. 

"Are you lost, child?" He softly asked, his voice only audible to her due to the overwhelming crowd around them which was shooting in happiness.

The first thing he did notice wasn't her abnormal pink hair but her body size, she looked quite small and skinny as if all her body contained was bones and the skin on the surface was wrapped around the bones were a simple and thin blanket.

Then he saw her abnormal pink hair. 

'Unusual but beautiful,' He thought to himself as he looked at the little girl who nervously looked at him with her emerald eyes which held curiosity. 

She was adorable just like him.

His heart softened as he looked at the little girl standing in front of him, one who barely reached his shoulders.

"No," She shook her head at the question asked and then curiously looked at the guy.

"Umm, Is it okay if I ask you something?" She hesitantly looked at him and then back at the ground as if it was the most interesting thing ever.

A chuckle escaped the older guy's mouth as he looked at the adorable and shy girl who was looking down, he then gently lifted her chin.

"Sure," he replied and then saw her perk her head up and then she twiddled with her fingers. 

"Why do you look so lonely?" Her simple yet innocent question caught him off-guard. He never expected a girl of her age to ask him that question. Although, all his emotions were jumbled up his face still remained as calm as ever.

"What do you mean?" He asked her back, he was curious about how the little pink-haired girl thought that he looked lonely. 

The pinkette then looked at him as they stared eye to eye with each other, "You reminded me of myself," She bluntly answered feeling relaxed by talking to the stranger she was talking to. 

Her reply was as simple as her question but her honest and blunt answer shocked him nonetheless. 

"What is your name, little child?" He asked and then she looked and smiled, "My name is Sakura, and you are?" She replied to the older guy.

"My name is-" He leaned in to match Sakura's height and then whispered into Sakura's ear, his voice as gentle as a feather. She then nodded as they started chatting happily as if they'd known each other for a long time.

Just at that time, those two were immersed in their own world and looked up when they heard everyone counting numbers backwards from ten. When the firecrackers burst into the air the whole sky lit up.

 "Happy New Year, Sakura-chan" The older guy wished her and soon he disappeared from the place as if he never existed. 

"Happy New Year to you too..." Sakura looked beside her in astonishment and soon she smiled looking at the beautiful sky filled with various colours.

"...Itachi-san"

― So many people thought this was Kakashi-

― Honestly, I don't like Kakashi a lot.