15 | bitter medicine

↪ 𝘐'𝘮 𝘢 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘵𝘣𝘳𝘰𝘬𝘦𝘯 𝘬𝘪𝘥
𝘓𝘰𝘰𝘬𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘢𝘯 𝘦𝘹𝘪𝘵  ↩

↪ 𝘐'𝘮 𝘢 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘵𝘣𝘳𝘰𝘬𝘦𝘯 𝘬𝘪𝘥𝘓𝘰𝘰𝘬𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘢𝘯 𝘦𝘹𝘪𝘵  ↩

Sakura woke up exactly at five in the morning. She felt that her body had gotten heavier. Yesterday night after her final preparation for today's written test she wasn't feeling the best, she sneezed a couple of times. 

None of the less, she made her way out of bed and realised she had a sore throat. She quickly went to the bathroom and looked at herself, her face was pale, the area of her nose was red and her eyes were puffy.

Today was the day her written exams were going to be conducted, and she had promised them that she was going to get the highest scores. But if her health was so poor, how was she supposed to take the exams?

She then checked her temperature and realised her body was hot, too hot to be normal. Fever, she had a fever.

How did she even have a fever? Sakura was so sure that she had good health, she ate her meals properly and each of the meals she ate consisted of only healthy food which would help in her improvement and development. 

She exercised every day, her health was supposed to be perfect!

"Tch now's not the time to worry about my health," She coughed, "I have my written exams today."

Without any further delay, she walked into the shower and walked out within five minutes. Slowly walking downstairs towards the kitchen, her footsteps made no sound, this showed her stealth. 

The twelve-year-old pinkette started rummaging through the cupboards of the kitchen but could not find any medicine for fever. 

"Just when you need something...." She muttered, her voice slightly hoarse due to her bad health.

She then quickly walked outside, put on her shoes she started walking towards the Konoha hospital. 

"Yes dear, is there anything you need?" A medic asked Sakura.

"Hello, Could you please give me some medicine for a fever?"

"Of course, dear."

 With that, the medic disappeared from Sakura's sight and reappeared with a small cylindrical container that contained medicine for fever.

"Thank you so much," Sakura paid for the medicine and walked out, maintaining her kind demeanour. Walking back to the Haruno household, she greeted everyone with a smile, pretending to be the kind-hearted girl she portrayed herself to be.

She slightly coughed, "Good morning Oba-san," 

"Oh Sakura-chan, Good morning!" The older woman with grey hair and brown eyes replied she was someone who lived in the house right beside the Haruno Household.

"Where are your parents and your sister?" The grey-haired woman asked.

"Oh them," Sakura slightly lowered her eyes, "They went on a long vacation but I couldn't because I had genin exams!" Sakura smiled.

"Is that so-" Just then Sakura sneezed, "Are you alright? Do you need something to eat?"

"I'm fine Oba-san," Sakura assured  the older woman, "I'll get going, don't want to be late to the academy." 

"Yes, yes, future ninja. Take of yourself and if you need anything then just tell me, no need to be shy." 

"Of course, See you later!" Sakura grinned as she waved, then walked back to her house, removed her shoes and went to the kitchen. Sizzling could be heard from the kitchen, slowly making her way to the dining table, Sakura placed down the plates and ate her breakfast.

'That old woman sure was kind,' Sakura thought to herself, 'However the one she was kind to was the two goody shoes Sakura, not the real me,'

"Hmm," Sakura grunted, "Who cares about her anyway? She is just another tool who will make sure I look like the kind-hearted girl I portray myself to be," Sakura muttered as she gulped down the medicine.

"Good morning class," Iruka cleared his throat, "Today, we will be the written exams for your graduation."

"Now, to make sure you do not cheat we have prepared the entire academy just for you. As you all know, our class has nine benches and twenty-seven students, each bench consisting of three" Mizuki explained.

The female teacher, Arai Kumiko stepped forward. "Therefore, I will list out nine names of the students who will be sitting here for the exams while the rest will follow; Shino Aburame, Chouji Akimichi, Sakura Haruno, Hinata Hyuga, Kiba Inuzuka, Shikamaru Nara, Sasuke Uchiha, Naruto Uzumaki and Ino Yamanaka," Arai said.

"Aside from the names Arai-sensei has called, everyone else will go to another class to write their exams."

With the separation of the entire class into three groups, the class went quiet as they waited for Iruka, their examiner, to state the instructions.

"Now, the exams have begun. You will be given two hours to write your exams!" As soon as Iruka announced, everyone started writing.

Sakura sat on the last bench, nibbling on her pencil she looked at the questions and discreetly smirked. 

'Huh, a piece of cake,'

The pinkette quickly took a glance at the first question and began writing the answer. This happened for every single question, she needed only a single look at the question before she began writing that question's answer.

This time, she was going to win first place, the one she always deserved.

― Honestly, I don't know what to type here anymore.