76 | heartfelt warmth

⌜𝘣𝘶𝘵 𝘸𝘢𝘵𝘤𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘴𝘵𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘢𝘭𝘰𝘯𝘦𝘢𝘭𝘭 𝘰𝘧 𝘮𝘺 𝘥𝘰𝘶𝘣𝘵 𝘴𝘶𝘥𝘥𝘦𝘯𝘭𝘺 𝘨𝘰𝘦𝘴 𝘢𝘸𝘢𝘺 𝘴𝘰𝘮𝘦𝘩𝘰𝘸⌟

𝘢𝘭𝘭 𝘰𝘧 𝘮𝘺 𝘥𝘰𝘶𝘣𝘵 𝘴𝘶𝘥𝘥𝘦𝘯𝘭𝘺 𝘨𝘰𝘦𝘴 𝘢𝘸𝘢𝘺 𝘴𝘰𝘮𝘦𝘩𝘰𝘸⌟

⌜𝘣𝘶𝘵 𝘸𝘢𝘵𝘤𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘴𝘵𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘢𝘭𝘰𝘯𝘦𝘢𝘭𝘭 𝘰𝘧 𝘮𝘺 𝘥𝘰𝘶𝘣𝘵 𝘴𝘶𝘥𝘥𝘦𝘯𝘭𝘺 𝘨𝘰𝘦𝘴 𝘢𝘸𝘢𝘺 𝘴𝘰𝘮𝘦𝘩𝘰𝘸⌟

Kai found solace in the quiet embrace of the tree, its rough bark was a reminder of the real world around him. As he settled onto the cold ground, he gazed over to his team who had become more than just teammates.

The world was cruel and it demanded from him his fake persona, a cocky confident kid who could do whatever he wanted.

The blonde remembered suppressing his emotions and hiding behind a mask in fear of rejection of his true self. When he was nothing but a ten-year-old, he had seen between the black and white of the world, the shades of grey that fluctuated around him.

Back then, the simple thought of someone accepting him for who he truly was seemed like a distant dream. He could see and feel it but it could never be true.

Yet fate seemed to favour him in the past few years.

Kai had managed to discover these people who saw beyond the mask he put on and gazed deeply at his innermost self. 

These people had accepted his passion, his sharp tongue, his weird hobbies, and his flaws without any judgment in their eyes.  The team had become a haven where he didn't need to pretend, where he could lay bare his thoughts and emotions without fear of reproach.

The genuine connections he had formed with each member of his team had transformed his perspective on life. He felt that he could breathe more freely now, there was a lift of burden from his shoulders and this time he saw the world.

Not just the bland soulless shades of grey, but the beauty of it.

The hues of blues and purples reminded him of the starry sky, the shades of orange and pink at the setting of the sun each evening. The greens around him for he lived in the hidden rain nation.

As he sat under the tree's branches, Kai glanced once more at his team, a smile playing on his lips as he saw them usher him to get closer.

And just like the sun comes up and brings light into his life, it would set as well bringing the hidden darkness in his being.