72 | what is fairness?

⌜𝘛𝘢𝘬𝘦 𝘪𝘵 𝘵𝘰 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘨𝘳𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘪𝘧 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘸𝘢𝘯𝘯𝘢 𝘱𝘭𝘢𝘺 𝘱𝘳𝘦𝘵𝘦𝘯𝘥𝘐 𝘸𝘰𝘯'𝘵 𝘣𝘦 𝘮𝘪𝘴𝘵𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘵𝘦𝘥, 𝘱𝘭𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘦 𝘤𝘢𝘭𝘭 𝘮𝘦 𝘤𝘰𝘯𝘤𝘦𝘪𝘵𝘦𝘥⌟

𝘐 𝘸𝘰𝘯'𝘵 𝘣𝘦 𝘮𝘪𝘴𝘵𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘵𝘦𝘥, 𝘱𝘭𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘦 𝘤𝘢𝘭𝘭 𝘮𝘦 𝘤𝘰𝘯𝘤𝘦𝘪𝘵𝘦𝘥⌟

⌜𝘛𝘢𝘬𝘦 𝘪𝘵 𝘵𝘰 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘨𝘳𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘪𝘧 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘸𝘢𝘯𝘯𝘢 𝘱𝘭𝘢𝘺 𝘱𝘳𝘦𝘵𝘦𝘯𝘥𝘐 𝘸𝘰𝘯'𝘵 𝘣𝘦 𝘮𝘪𝘴𝘵𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘵𝘦𝘥, 𝘱𝘭𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘦 𝘤𝘢𝘭𝘭 𝘮𝘦 𝘤𝘰𝘯𝘤𝘦𝘪𝘵𝘦𝘥⌟

Sakura patiently waited in their room which was connected to the balcony through which you could see the arena where the matches were supposed to be conducted.

There were a total of 20  teams present for the competition, each team made up of four members.

This was the special case of this competition.

But this 'rule' was in their favour.

Sakura's favour.

Team Talia's favour.

Her team had been used to being a four-man team for 4 years already while others only had around a month to prepare.

Sure, they could have better resources, tons of kekkei genkai and other jutsus but these could not beat their team who had more experience to function as a team.

Was it unfair?

Oh, yes it was.

Did Sakura give a shit?

Her green eyes were ridden with guilt as she hung her head low.

'This is me if I gave a fuck but girl-'

She stood up proud and straight [not really] as if the previous act was an illusion.

Either way, she didn't really care. The world was filled with unfairness and nobody would really pay any attention to this.

Fiction is really similar to reality.

Either way, it didn't matter.

This 'competition' was irrelevant, this was all but a plan she had conspired to get the results she wanted.

But she and her team weren't planning on losing.

Not only their pride but also their nation's pride was on the line.