57 | necessary preparations

❛❛ 𝘉𝘦𝘵𝘳𝘢𝘺 𝘮𝘦 𝘰𝘯𝘤𝘦 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘐'𝘭𝘭 𝘯𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳 𝘧𝘰𝘳𝘨𝘪𝘷𝘦 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘯 𝘪𝘧 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘬𝘯𝘦𝘦𝘭 𝘪𝘯𝘧𝘳𝘰𝘯𝘵 𝘰𝘧 𝘮𝘦. ❜❜

"Aghh-"

"Aghh-"

"Shh!"

Shiroi got shot down by Sakura's smiling eyes.

She slumped back on the table as she pouted unhappily.

"I'm so bored and tired," She grumbled under her breath. "Why do we have to do this?"

The pinkette pushed back her glasses as she looked up from her book.

"Hah, Shiroi~" She said.

The slumped girl perked up at the mention of her name and looked at the leader of their team.

"Yes." She coughed awkwardly.

Shiroi tucked a strand of her hair when she realised all three of her team members were looking at her.

Despite what her bold and brash personality screamed, she was awkward when it came to conversations as well as bonding with others.

Having come from the Yuki clan who were seen as outcasts among the others, she was always on the run and hardly had anyone to talk to.

Friends?

This was the first time she had them.

Previously, if anyone referred to her bond with her teammates as friendship, she would scoff loudly at them not believing she would have friends.

But here she was, sitting alongside those trusted she called her friends.

She indeed had come a long way, from a runaway orphan who had to steal just to eat one meal a day to here.

"Are you bored?" Sakura asked.

"N-Nooo..." Shiroi looked away without replying properly when she knew she had been caught red-handed.

"If you manage to study all this material, I'll treat you to your favourite food." Kai bribed knowing the black-haired teammate of his would do anything for food.

And just as he expected, she quickly snatched the book lying on the table and started reading it.

Kai shared a smirk with Sakura and Ren could only huff lightly.

His teammate was too easy to bribe, just a promise of food was enough for her work and study which she hated with a passion.

"It seems your preparations are going rather smoothly." Their sensei said as she placed her hand on her hip.

They were in the national library which was free for everyone to use. Of course, the higher level of books you need, the greater the authority you need to have.