09 | one truth and one lie

❛❛ 𝘐'𝘮 𝘴𝘰 𝘤𝘰𝘭𝘥 𝘰𝘶𝘵𝘴𝘪𝘥𝘦
𝘐'𝘮 𝘢𝘭𝘰𝘯𝘦, 𝘐'𝘮 𝘢𝘭𝘳𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵 ❜❜

❛❛ 𝘐'𝘮 𝘴𝘰 𝘤𝘰𝘭𝘥 𝘰𝘶𝘵𝘴𝘪𝘥𝘦𝘐'𝘮 𝘢𝘭𝘰𝘯𝘦, 𝘐'𝘮 𝘢𝘭𝘳𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵 ❜❜

Another day at the academy began. The classroom was filled with children, all talking to their friends. Sakura sat beside Ino as Ino began blabbering about something while Sakura occasionally replied to her too concentrated on her in fact friend's story to notice anything.

Today was supposed to be a Taijutsu test, the academic year was about to end and tests were conducted. There were about four tests, a written test, a genjutsu test, a taijutsu test and finally the ninjutsu test.

The genjutsu test had already happened and Sakura was sure that she would get good grades in it because it was one of her strengths. A test was conducted every week of the last month of their academic year.

Since last week, the genjutsu test has been conducted the rest of the days were filled with the teachers revising the lessons for them so that they would pass. This week would be the second week of the academic year.

And today would be the taijutsu test, and apparently, the notice was displayed on the board. According to the notice, there would be a match between them according to their gender. Meaning a girl would fight a girl while a boy would fight a boy, this was because there were differences in the teaching styles between the two genders.

Each one would fight a partner which would be allotted by the teacher itself so they had no way of knowing who they would be fighting. So, in short, it was a surprise test because they had to find a strategy quickly to defeat their opponent.

This would test their analytical abilities and see how their brains would function and how they would calculate quickly in a short time.

Soon, Iruka came into the class with a book and a pencil. He first took the attendance of the class and only after making sure that every single one of these students was present that day, he told them to make two separate lines, one for girls and one for boys.

After they all were lined up, Iruka led them to the training grounds of the academy. First, there would be a taijutsu battle between the boys.

"Nara Shikamaru and..." Iruka called out the first pair, "Akimichi Chouji." They both walked forward and stood in front of each other. Iruka was about to tell them to start when Chouji raised his hand.

"Umm sensei?" Chouji called out.

"What is it?"

"The thing is," Chouji began, "I don't want to find against my friends you know." Iruka raised his finger in the air as he began explaining, "Well, this isn't a fight but a traditional hand-to-hand combat and even the Hokage and every other great shinobi has participated in it"